|No. 5 – Agua Caliente Clippers|
|League||NBA G League|
|Born||October 24, 1994|
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school||Melrose (Memphis, Tennessee)|
|NBA draft||2018 / Undrafted|
|2019–present||Agua Caliente Clippers|
High school career
Crawford attended Melrose High School in Memphis. Crawford averaged 15.2 points per game as a junior to lead Melrose to a 24-8 record and the District 16AAA championship. He missed his entire senior season due to tearing his ACL in the summer of 2012. Despite this, he was ranked the No. 59 player by Rivals.com and signed with Memphis out of high school.
Crawford redshirted his freshman season at Memphis after recovering from his ACL injury. As a redshirt freshman, he posted 5.9 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game. On September 30, 2015, the apartment that Crawford shared with teammate Trahson Burrell was destroyed by fire. Crawford averaged 5.3 points and 3.2 rebounds per game as a sophomore. As a junior, Crawford averaged 12.8 points and 4.4 rebounds per game, shooting 48 percent from the field and 33 percent from behind the arc. He scored 28 points in a win against South Carolina and had 30 points in a victory over South Florida. After the season Crawford opted to transfer for his final season, receiving interest from Texas, South Carolina and Iowa State but ultimately signing with Ole Miss. As a senior at Ole Miss, Crawford posted 9.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.19 steals per game.
After going undrafted in the 2018 NBA draft, Crawford signed with the Memphis Grizzlies for NBA Summer League play. He averaged 9.6 points and 1.9 rebounds per game in seven games. Crawford signed a training camp contract with the Grizzlies on August 16, 2018. He was waived on October 13, as one of the final roster cuts before opening night. Crawford was ultimately added to the Grizzlies’ NBA G League affiliate, Memphis Hustle.
- "Ole Miss Hoops Adds Memphis Transfer Crawford". WTOK. April 20, 2017. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Smith, Jason (October 28, 2015). "New perspective, natural versatility could make Crawford big contributor for Tigers". The Commercial Appeal. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Stukenborg, Phil (December 2, 2016). "Memphis guard Crawford assuming a leadership role". The Commercial Appeal. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Garrett, Ben (April 19, 2017). "Ole Miss Lands Markel Crawford". 247 Sports. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "Grizzlies sign Markel Crawford". NBA.com. August 16, 2018. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "Memphis Grizzlies finalize 2018-19 regular season roster". NBA.com. October 13, 2018. Retrieved October 14, 2018.
- "Memphis Hustle announce 2018-19 Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. October 20, 2018. Retrieved October 25, 2018.
- "AGUA CALIENTE CLIPPERS FINALIZE OPENING NIGHT ROSTER". NBA.com. Retrieved December 5, 2019.