|Market Lavington shown within Wiltshire|
|Population||2,213 (in 2011)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Dorset and Wiltshire|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
Market Lavington is a civil parish and large village with a population of about 2,200 on the northern edge of Salisbury Plain in Wiltshire, England, 5 miles (8.0 km) south of the market town of Devizes. The parish includes the hamlets of Lavington Sands and Fiddington Sands.
The parish falls in 'The Lavingtons and Erlestoke' electoral ward. This ward starts in the south at West Lavington and stretches north to Worton. The total population of the parish taken at the 2011 census was 5,857.
The Old House, a 14th-century manor house, is also Grade I listed.
The village has two schools, as well as a pre-school group.
- St. Barnabas's primary school
- Lavington School, a comprehensive, specialist Maths and Computing College
The village is less than two miles from Dauntsey's School, in nearby West Lavington.
The Stert and Westbury Railway, part of the route from London to Taunton, was built through the parish by the Great Western Railway in 1900. At the same time a station named Lavington was built a short distance outside Market Lavington parish, north of Littleton Panell where the line crosses the A360. It was closed in 1967 and no local stations remain; the nearest stations are Pewsey and Westbury.
- Crittall, Elizabeth (ed.); Baggs, A. P.; Crowley, D. A.; Pugh, Ralph B.; Stevenson, Janet H.; Tomlinson, Margaret (1975). Victoria County History: A History of the County of Wiltshire, Volume 10: Swanborough hundred; the borough of Devizes.
- "Victoria County History - Wiltshire - Vol 10, pp82-106 - Parishes: Market Lavington". British History Online. University of London. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus (1975). Cherry, Bridget, ed. The Buildings of England: Wiltshire. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. ISBN 0 14 071026 4.
- "Wiltshire Community History - Census". Wiltshire Council. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Market Lavington". Wiltshire Community History. Wiltshire Council. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Parish Council". www.marketlavington.org.uk. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "The Lavingtons and Erlestoke ward 2011.Retrieved 16 March 2015".
- Historic England. "Church of St Mary, Market Lavington (1035835)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Church of St. Mary, Market Lavington". Wiltshire Community History. Wiltshire Council. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- Historic England. "The Old House, Market Lavington (1035851)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Market Lavington Manor". Market Lavington Museum. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Market Lavington.|