within Colvin Township, Saint Louis County
|Elevation||1,463 ft (446 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||661868|
The community is located between Biwabik and Duluth, near the intersection of County Road 4 (Vermilion Trail) and County Road 108 (Long Lake Road).
The Whiteface Reservoir and the Cloquet Valley State Forest in Saint Louis County are both located near Markham.
Residents obtain mail service from the neighboring community of Makinen, ZIP code 55763.
Markham's southern border is located 23 miles north of Island Lake on County Road 4 (Governor Rudy Perpich Memorial Drive); and Markham's northern border is County Road 16 (Townline Road), CR 16 serves as a direct east–west route in northeast Minnesota between U.S. Highway 53 and Silver Bay.
- "Markham, Minnesota". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "St. Louis County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 486.
- Rand McNally Road Atlas – 2007 edition – Minnesota entry
- Official State of Minnesota Highway Map – 2011/2012 edition