Markham Economist and Sun
The Markham Economist & Sun is a local newspaper published once per week (Thursday)  serving the city of Markham. The Economist & Sun is one of multiple York Region Media Group newspapers, a division of Metroland Media Group
The Economist & Sun is like any other typical local newspaper; it covers local news or news relating to local news as well as sections such as sports, real estate and classifieds.
From 1881 to the amalgamation of the companies, the Economist's rival was the Markham Sun. The Sun was bought by the Economist in 1915, creating the Economist & Sun. Corson was publisher of the new paper until his death in 1930. Metroland Media Group currently owns the company.
- Publisher: Ian Proudfoot
- Editor: Bernie O'Neill
- Retail Advertising Manager: Anne Beswick
- Director of Advertising and Distribution:
- Business Manager: Rob Lazurko
- "Markham Economist & Sun Record". Community Information and Volunteer Centre - York Region. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "Metroland Media Group". Metroland Media Group. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "News from Markham Economist and Sun". yorkregion.com. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "Main Street Markham". Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "Markham Economist & Sun Editorial p.6". Markham Economist & Sun. January 12, 2012.