Markham Economist and Sun
The Markham Economist & Sun is a local newspaper published once per week (Thursday)  serving the city of Markham, Ontario, Canada. The Economist & Sun is one of several York Region Media Group newspapers, a division of Metroland Media Group.
The Economist & Sun is a local newspaper: it covers local news and sports, and carried real estate and classified advertising.
The Economist's rival was the Markham Sun. The Sun was founded (or taken over) by George James Chauncey (1849-1895) in 1881 and became the rival to Reesor's paper. The Sun was bought by the Economist in 1915, creating the Economist & Sun. Corson's son Robert J. Corson was publisher of the new paper until his death in 1930. Metroland Media Group now owns the company.
- Publisher: Ian Proudfoot
- Editor: Bernie O'Neill
- Retail Advertising Manager: Anne Beswick
- Director of Advertising and Distribution:
- Business Manager: Rob Lazurko
- "Markham Economist & Sun Record". Community Information and Volunteer Centre - York Region. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "Metroland Media Group". Metroland Media Group. Archived from the original on December 31, 2011. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "News from Markham Economist and Sun". yorkregion.com. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "Main Street Markham". Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "Markham Economist & Sun Editorial p.6". Markham Economist & Sun. January 12, 2012.