Markham GO Station
|Location||214 Main Street North
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||Station building with public washroom and waiting room|
|Station code||GO Transit: MKGO|
1982 GO Transit
Markham GO Station is a railway station in the GO Transit network located on Markham Main Street North in Markham, Ontario in Canada. It is a stop on the Stouffville line, which only has peak hour train service. Off-peak service is provided by buses stopping on-street adjacent to the station.
The station was built in 1871 by the Toronto and Nipissing Railway, which was taken over by the Grand Trunk Railway, which ultimately became part of the Canadian National Railway in 1923. It has been designated as a heritage railway station by the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.
The city of Markham purchased the building as a Millennium project and are undertaking its restoration in conjunction with the Markham Village Conservancy, which manages the station. In addition to facilities for GO Transit, the building is used as community centre, with two rooms with a capacity of either 100 or 30 people, available for rental.
- The Stouffville line weekday train service consists of six trains southbound to Union Station in the morning and six trains northbound to Lincolnville in the afternoon. Service at other times and in other directions is provided by buses.
- Route 54 (Hwy 407 East GO Bus), operates between Mount Joy and York University Main Campus.
York Region Transit
- Route 41 Markham Local connects to McCowan (VIVA) terminus.
- Route 201 Markham GO Shuttle
Toronto Transit Commission
- Markham Road northbound to Major Mackenzie Drive and southbound Warden Subway Station (second longest bus route after 54 Lawrence East).
This route is operated by the TTC on behalf of the YRT
- "Markham GO Station— TRAIN & BUS STATION". GO Transit. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- CNR in Ontario; Railway Station Reports - Report RSR-137, Markham
- List of Designated Heritage Railway Stations in Ontario
- Markham Train Station Restoration Project
- Markham Village Conservancy
- Community Information and Volunteer Centre - York Region: Markham Village Train Station
- "TTC 102 Markham Rd Northbound Stops". Toronto Transit Commission. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Media related to Markham GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Markham GO Station