|Location||Kokomo, Indiana, U.S.|
|Address||1114 17th Street|
|Developer||Melvin Simon & Associates|
|No. of stores and services||40+|
|No. of anchor tenants||4 (2 vacant)|
|Total retail floor area||416,000 square feet|
|No. of floors||1|
Melvin Simon & Associates announced the development of Markland Mall in 1967. Original tenants included Sears, Danners 5 & 10, a Kroger supermarket, SupeRx drugstore, and an Ayr-Way discount store.
The Danners store became William H. Block Co. in 1974. Ayr-Way was converted to Target along with the rest of the Ayr-Way chain in 1981. In 1985, the William H. Block store was expanded, taking over a mall hallway and space vacated by Robert Hall Village. This was part of a mall expansion that included the installation of new floor tiles and skylights, as well as the extension of certain storefronts to give the hallways a "staggered" appearance. Block later became Lazarus in 1987, and then Macy's before closing.
In 2001, Old Navy was added to the mall, replacing space once occupied by a Goodyear service center. Lazarus became Macy's before closing in 2005. The movie theater, also an original tenant, closed in 2006. In 2011, the former Lazarus space became Carson's, resulting in the closure of an Elder-Beerman at the nearby Kokomo Mall (now Kokomo Town Center). Old Navy closed in 2016, with Sears and MC Sports both closing in 2017.
- "Leasing Sheet" (PDF). Simon Property Group. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- "Indiana". Chain Store Age, Executives Edition Combined with Shopping Center Age. 43 (1-6): E–97.
- "Ayres to build store in Markland Mall". The Kokomo Tribune. 18 July 1967.
- "Block's to open Kokomo store". Kokomo Tribune. 1 April 1973. p. 4.
- "Target completes variety of changes". Kokomo Tribune. 28 October 1981. p. 57.
- "Block system". Kokomo Tribune. 22 January 1985. p. 1.
- Dick, Stephen (23 July 2000). "Look who's coming to town". The Kokomo Tribune. p. 21.
- Dempsey, John (21 March 2006). "Markland Mall Cinemas to close Thursday in Kokomo". Indiana Economic Digest. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- Human, Daniel (14 April 2011). "New mall, new name for Elder-Beerman". Kokomo Tribune. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- Sigler, Josh (12 Jan 2016). "Old Navy to close Kokomo location". Kokomo Tribune. Retrieved 8 September 2016.