Marko Ahtisaari is the son of Martti Ahtisaari, a former UN diplomat and President of Finland, and Eeva Ahtisaari, the former First Lady of Finland. He attended Columbia University where he studied philosophy, economics and music.
Ahtisaari's business career started at a new media company Satama Interactive in 1998. In 2005 Ahtisaari left the company to join its biggest client, Nokia in 2002. He was appointed Director of Design strategy in 2005. In 2006 he left Nokia and joined his former boss, Nokia CEO Pekka Ala-Pietilä to start an advertisement-supported mobile network Blyk. In 2007 Ahtisaari became the founding investor and CEO of online business travel startup Dopplr, which was acquired by Nokia in 2009. Between February 2009 September 2013 Ahtisaari was Head of Product Design at Nokia. In January 2012 he was appointed as a member of the Nokia leadership team. Ahtisaari announced his resignation from Nokia when Microsoft acquired Nokia's devices business in September 2013.
- "f-secure board profile page".
- "Introducing Marko Ahtisaari and the Sync Project Blog". THE SYNC PROJECT. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- Press - Conversations
- ""Nokia's Pekka Ala-Pietilä and Ahtisaari started an operator" Nokian Pekka Ala-Pietilä ja Ahtisaari perustivat operaattorin". Digitoday. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- "Dopplr Receives Funding from Premier International Team: Varsavsky, Ito, Hoffman and Klein invest in online social-travel service". 2007-09-04. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- Johnson, Bobbie (2007-07-30). "Dopplr.com". Guardian. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- Nokia acquires Doppler - Brand Republic September 24th 2009
- Interview with Marko Ahtisaari in the Good Design Awards book 2013
- DGAP-UK-Regulatory: Nokia outlines new strategy, introduces new leadership, operational structure - TMC News February 2011
- Nokia appoints Marko Ahtisaari to Nokia Leadership Team - Nokia Press Release January 26th 2012
- Top designer to leave the company - All Things Digital 3.9.2013
- "Doors of Perception 7 on Flow". 2003-03-31. Retrieved 2008-04-19.
- Intelligent Travel, Marko Ahtisaari
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marko Ahtisaari.|
|This Finnish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|