Jarić playing for Montepaschi Siena in February 2011.
October 12, 1978 |
Belgrade, SR Serbia, SFR Yugoslavia
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||224 lb (102 kg)|
|NBA draft||2000 / Round: 2 / Pick: 30th overall|
|Selected by the Los Angeles Clippers|
|Number||8, 10, 19, 20, 55|
|2002–2005||Los Angeles Clippers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Marko Jarić (Serbian Cyrillic: Марко Јарић, Serbian pronunciation: [mâːrko jǎːritɕ]; born October 12, 1978) is a Serbian former professional basketball player. Standing at 2.01 m (6 ft 7 in), he played the shooting guard position. He also represented the Yugoslavian national basketball team internationally.
|This section requires expansion. (December 2013)|
Jarić was selected as the 30th overall pick by the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2000 NBA Draft. He was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves on August 12, 2005, along with Lionel Chalmers by the Clippers, in exchange for Sam Cassell and a future first-round draft pick. He was traded to the Grizzlies on June 26, 2008 in an eight-player deal involving rookie guard O. J. Mayo and rookie forward Kevin Love.
For the 2009–10 NBA season, Jarić and the Memphis Grizzlies mutually agreed that Jarić would not attend training camp or any of the preseason games. Jarić was granted permission to seek a new team and a possible contract buyout for the remaining 2 years and $15 million of his contract. He then signed with Real Madrid on December 22, 2009. On January 14, 2011 he signed with Montepaschi Siena until the end of the 2010–11 season.
As a junior national team player, Jarić won the gold medal at the 1998 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship. As a member of the senior FR Yugoslavia national basketball team, Jarić won gold medals at both the EuroBasket 2001 and the 2002 FIBA World Championship.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
|†||Denotes season in which Jarić won the Euroleague|
Marko Jarić is the son of Srećko Jarić, a retired Serbian professional basketball player, who played as a guard for KK Radnički Belgrade and was regarded by coach Dušan Ivković as the "biggest talent he ever had under his charge". Marko has an older sister named Tamara and a younger brother named Nikola (b. 1987), who lives and plays basketball in Switzerland.
On June 12, 2008, Jarić became engaged to Brazilian supermodel Adriana Lima after proposing to her on her 27th birthday. The couple wed in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA on Valentine's Day 2009. The couple have two daughters: Valentina Lima Jarić (Serbian: Валентина Лима Јарић; born November 15, 2009) and Sienna Lima Jarić (Serbian: Сијена Лима Јарић; born September 12, 2012). The couple announced their separation on May 2, 2014 after five years of marriage. The divorce was finalized on March 2016.
- Timberwolves Acquire Guards Marko Jaric & Lionel Chalmers from the L.A. Clippers for Guard Sam Cassell & First-Round Draft Pick.
- Wolves pick Mayo, swap him for Love in 8-player deal.
- Jaric permitted to find new team
- "Real Madrid adds former Euroleague champ Jaric". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Siena turns to veteran Jaric
- Bulls add Ryan Allen, Vance Cooksey, Andre Emmett, Kyrylo Fesenko, Marko Jaric to training camp
- Bulls waive guards Ryan Allen and Marko Jaric
- Brooklyn Nets Announce Training Camp Roster
- Brooklyn Nets waive Marko Jaric
- NBA.com : Marko Jaric Bio Page
- Euroleague – Vladimir Stanković: The excitement starts here
- "Marko Jarić Biography". story.rs (in Serbian). Archived from the original on December 16, 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- HoopsHype.com bio.
- Lega A Basket
- Supermodel Adriana Lima Engaged to Basketball Star.
- Supermodel Adriana Lima Elopes! People, February 23, 2009
- First Photo: Meet Adriana Lima’s Daughter Valentina! May 5, 2010,
- Adriana Lima Gives Birth to Daughter Sienna!. Us Weekly. September 12, 2012. Accessed 2012-09-12.
- Pfeffer, Stephanie Emma. "Adriana Lima and Marko Jaric Separate". people.com. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- Johnson, Richard (March 15, 2015). "Adriana Lima is divorced". Page Six. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marko Jarić.|