Kešelj with Crvena zvezda in 2017
|No. 4 – Crvena zvezda mts Belgrade|
Basketball League of Serbia
January 2, 1988 |
Belgrade, SR Serbia, SFR Yugoslavia
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||207 lb (94 kg)|
|NBA draft||2010 / Undrafted|
|2004–2006||Avala Ada / Mega Ishrana|
|2013||Le Mans Sarthe|
|2014–2015||Mega Vizura / Leks|
|Career highlights and awards|
Marko Kešelj (Serbian: Марко Кешељ, born January 2, 1988) is a Serbian professional basketball player for Crvena zvezda of the ABA League and the EuroLeague. He also represented the Serbian national team in the international competitions. He is a 2.08 m (6'10") tall small forward.
Kešelj started his career in his hometown with a club called Mega Ishrana. Despite his young age, Kešelj already has the experience of playing for two top quality foreign clubs, the Spanish ACB League club Akasvayu Girona and the German League club Köln 99ers. During the summer of 2006, his talents were spotted by Serbian coach Svetislav Pešić, who brought him to Girona in the Spanish ACB League at the age of 18.
However, Kešelj could not establish himself in the squad and got very little playing time. In the summer of 2007, he transferred to the German League to the Köln 99ers, which were led by another Serbian coach, Saša Obradović. Following a so-so season, Obradović left to coach Kiev, and Kešelj also started looking for a transfer.
Upon rumors that Pešić, his mentor from his Girona days, might be taking over Crvena zvezda, Keselj decided to sign with the club during the summer of 2008, even before Pešić's arrival had become official. In 2010, he signed a 3-year contract with the Greek League club Olympiacos. With Olympiacos, he won the EuroLeague and Greek League championships in 2012.
On August 14, 2012, Kešelj signed one-year contract with Valencia. On February 5, 2013, he left Valencia and signed with Le Mans Sarthe Basket for the rest of the season. On August 8, 2013, he signed a one-year contract with ASVEL Basket.
On October 14, 2014, he signed an open contract with the Serbian team Mega Vizura. On June 17, 2015, it was confirmed that Kešelj will play with the Portland Trail Blazers at the 2015 NBA Summer League.
On July 28, 2017, Kešelj returned to Crvena zvezda, signing a two-year deal.
Serbian national team
Kešelj was a member of the Serbian junior national teams, and he played at the 2007 FIBA Under-19 World Championship in Novi Sad and at the 2008 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship. Kešelj was also a member of the senior Serbian national team at the 2010 FIBA World Championship, where Serbia was defeated by Lithuania, in the game for the bronze medal. He was also capped for the national team of Serbia at the EuroBasket 2011, in Lithuania, where Serbia finished in 8th place.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
|†||Denotes seasons in which Kešelj won the EuroLeague|
- KESELJ, MARKO HEIGHT: 2.08.
- Skountis, Vassilis. "OLYMPIACOS adds talent with Keselj". Euroleague.net. Archived from the original on April 13, 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- Woods, Mark. "OLYMPIAKOS STUN CSKA FOR EUROLEAGUE CROWN". mvp247.com. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Valencia tabs Marko Keselj". Sportando. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Marko Keselj dissatisfied with playing time, moves to Le Mans". court-side.com. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- "ASVEL VILLEURBANNE inks forward Keselj". Eurocupbasketball.com. Archived from the original on August 11, 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "VELIKO POJAČANJE ZA MEGA VIZURU! KEŠELJ DEBITUJE PROTIV CRVENE ZVEZDE!!". .bcmegabasket.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Marko Keselj will play the NBA Summer League for the Blazers". Sportando.com. 17 June 2015. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Marko Keselj inks with Lavrio GS". Sportando.com. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Marko Keselj signs with Oostende". Eurohoops.net. 18 September 2016. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- Crvena Zvezda acquired Marko Keselj
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marko Kešelj.|