Markopoulo Olympic Equestrian Centre
The Markopoulo Olympic Equestrian Centre hosted the equestrian events at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. The venue is located at Markópoulo on the outskirts of the Athens suburbs. It was completed in December 2003 and officially opened on August 12, 2004, shortly before the beginning of the competition. The capacity of the venue is 10,000 for the Jumping Event, 8,100 seats for the Dressage and 15,000 seats for the Cross-Country Event.
In June 2007, Markopoulo Equestrian Centre held the three super special stages of the 54th Acropolis Rally. The site is also home to horse racing competitions and hosted the FEI European Jumping Championship for Children in June 2008.
- 2004 Summer Olympics official report. Archived 2008-08-19 at the Wayback Machine Volume 2. p. 311.
- Olympicproperties.gr profile. Archived 2010-06-07 at the Wayback Machine (in English and Greek)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-17. Retrieved 2010-03-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Hellenic Horse Racing Organization
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2010-03-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|This 2004 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Greek sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|