This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Captain|
|Born||16 November 1973|
Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen (born 16 November 1973) is a Finnish musician/songwriter/producer, and the keyboardist of the Finnish rock band Poets of the Fall. Kaarlonen first became known in the underground with his Amiga MOD music in the early 1990s. His first commercial album was released as Dance Nation's album Dawn in 1994. After that he worked as producer for pop group Aikakone.
Kaarlonen also works for the software company Futuremark as a Senior Web Developer and Audio Designer. He has also composed and/or produced music for video games, including Rochard, Max Payne 2, Alan Wake, and Shattered Horizon.
- Space Debris (Horizon Party 1990, Vårby school, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Beyond Music (The Gathering 1991, Parikkala, Finland)
- Broken Dreams (Assembly 1993)
- Mickus (Assembly 1994)
- Dance Nation: Dawn (1994)
- Poets of the Fall: Signs of Life (2005)
- Poets of the Fall: Carnival of Rust (2006)
- Poets of the Fall: Revolution Roulette (2008)
- Shattered Horizon Original Soundtrack (2009)
- Poets of the Fall: Twilight Theater (2010)
- Rochard: Original Soundtrack (2011)
- Poets of the Fall: Temple of Thought (2012)
- Poets of the Fall: Jealous Gods (2014)
- Poets of the Fall: Clearview (2016)
- Poets of the Fall: Ultraviolet (2018)
- "Without silence there can be no music". Poets of the Fall official website. Archived from the original on 8 September 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen from POTF in da house!". Rochard official website. July 10, 2011. Archived from the original on February 1, 2012. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- "Markus Kaarlonen". MobyGames. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Shattered Horizon soundtrack". Poets of the Fall official website. October 28, 2009. Archived from the original on April 16, 2014. Retrieved September 4, 2014.