|Born||Marla Jane Ahlgrimm|
|Education||Bachelor of Science|
|Alma mater||University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy|
|Known for||Expert in Women’s Hormonal Health|
|Website||Marla Ahlgrimm Official Website|
Marla Ahlgrimm is an American entrepreneur, author, philanthropist, pharmacist and expert in women’s hormonal health. She is the author of The HRT Solution: Optimizing Your Hormone Potential which details the benefits of bioidentical hormone therapy and the book Self-Help For Premenstrual Syndrome. She is a frequent lecturer, has been featured as an expert in numerous professional journals and consumer magazines and has appeared on regional and national television and radio broadcasts.
Ahlgrimm is the co-founder of Madison Pharmacy Associates, the first pharmacy in the United States devoted to women’s health. She is also the founder of Women’s Health America and is currently the President of Cyclin Pharmaceuticals.
Ahlgrimm began her career at a local pharmacy in Madison, Wisconsin. During her time there, she identified symptoms that affected some of her patients severely. She identified these symptoms as premenstrual syndrome (PMS), prior to PMS being widely used as a term in the United States. Her early research was inspired by British physician Dr. Katharina Dalton who coined the term PMS during the 1950s.
Ahlgrimm co-founded Madison Pharmacy Associates in 1982. Madison Pharmacy Associates was the first pharmacy in the United States specializing in women’s health. She is considered a pioneer in the diagnosis and treatment of premenstrual syndrome, developing many of the bioidentical hormone therapy prescription options used today for hormone imbalance. She was one of the first to identify hormone testing options to understand individual hormone levels in women allowing for customization of hormone dosing. Ahlgrimm and her staff at Madison Pharmacy Associates provided care to women concerned with PMS, perimenopause, menopause, as well as specialized nutritional supplements and low dose, customized natural hormone prescription therapy. In 1997, she purchased competitor Bajamar Pharmacy, whose vice president praised Ahlgrimm stating, "She's more dedicated to women's health than anyone else I've met."
- 2012, HRT Solution, Revised Edition (Avery Health Guides), Avery Trade, ISBN 158333176X
- 1999, Self-Help For Premenstrual Syndrome, Random House Publishing, ISBN 978-0-679-77800-4
- 1998, The HRT Solution: Optimizing Your Hormone Potential, Avery, ISBN 0895299488
- Belsky, Gary; Netzer, Baie; Harrison, Leah (1 June 1992). "The Five Ways Women Are Often Smarter Than Men About Money". CNN Money. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "2001 Athena Nominees". The Capital Times. HighBeam. 1 March 2001. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- Lombardi, Lisa (1 May 2002). "Hooked On Happiness". Shape Magazine. HighBeam. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- Cummings, Melanie (1 October 2000). "PMS: Women Tell Women How To Control Premenstrual Syndrom". Herizons. HighBeam. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- Carleen Wild & Marla Ahlgrimm (2009). NBC15 Interview with Marla Ahlgrimm (News). NBC 15.
- Snyder, Karyn (10 June 1996). "Pioneer in Women's Health Offers Rxs, OTC, Education". Drug Topics. Business HighBeam. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "PSSSST!". The Capital Times. HighBeam. 13 December 1996. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Personal Case Prompts Pharmacist To Start Madison Pharmacy Associates". Interviewing Experts. 2 January 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Madison-Based Women's Health Company Acquires Competitor". Wisconsin State Journal. HighBeam. 22 October 1997. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Board of Visitors". University of Wisconsin Madison. Archived from the original on 17 February 2013. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Self-Help For Premenstrual Syndrome". 1999. Retrieved 9 January 2013.