Marla Shapiro is a Canadian medical doctor, best known as a health journalist for CTV News Channel and The Globe and Mail. Her reports on health and medical issues have also aired on Canada AM and on CTV's daytime talk show Balance: Television for Living Well.
Born in Montreal, Quebec, she is a graduate of McGill University and an associate professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of Toronto. Shapiro is also the founding editor of ParentsCanada magazine. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004 and was featured in a television special about her experience. She is the author of Life in the Balance: My Journey with Breast Cancer (HarperCollins Publishers, 2006).
- "Speaker Profile". National Speakers Bureau.
- "Dr. Marla Shapiro". Canadian Health and Lifestyle.
- Marla Shapiro on Internet Movie Database
- "Life in the Balance: My Journey with Breast Cancer". HarperCollins Publishers.
- "Four Nova Scotians among Order of Canada honourees". The Chronicle-Herald, July 1, 2015.
|This article about a Canadian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|