Marlborough Park, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Andre Chabot|
|• Total||2.5 km2 (1.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,065 m (3,494 ft)|
|• Average Income||$52,535|
|Website||Marlborough Park Community Association|
Marlborough Park is a residential neighbourhood in the north-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by 68 Street E to the east, 52 Street E to the west, Trans-Canada Highway to the north and Memorial Drive to the south. The homonymous park is located at the center of the community.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Marlborough Park had a population of  With a land area of 2.5 km2 (0.97 sq mi), it had a population density of 3,360/km2 (8,690/sq mi) in 2012.8,391 living in 3,050 dwellings, a 1.4% increase from its 2011 population of 8,278.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $52,535 in 2000, and there were 17.4% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 27.6% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 4% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 16.8% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Cappy Smart Elementary School, Roland Michener Elementary, Dr. Gladys McKelvie Egbert Community public schools and by St. Martha Elementary & Junior High (Catholic).
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Marlborough Park Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 10 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-14.[permanent dead link]
|Forest Heights||Penbrooke Meadows||Applewood|