Marlin Coast Sunbus
|Parent||Transit Australia Group|
|Service type||Bus operator|
Smithfield Shopping Centre
|Fleet||51 (June 2013)|
In 1995 Harry Blundred, the proprietor of Thames Transit in the United Kingdom, was awarded the operating rights to route services in Cairns by the Government of Queensland. It initially was a joint venture with Beach Bus and West Cairns Bus Service, but Blundred took full control shortly after.
Sunbus operates from Palm Cove and Trinity Beach in the north, and as far south as Gordonvale and Edmonton. The area with the most coverage is along the Captain Cook Highway between Smithfield Shopping Centre and Cairns CBD.
- "Private Operators" Fleetline July 1995 page 130
- "Transit Australia" Australian Bus Panorama issue 11/7 April 1996 page 48
- "Private Operators" Australian Bus Panorama issue 13/1 August 1997 page 22
- Buslink Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "Skybus Operator to Acquire Transit Australia Group - Bustech not Included". Australasian Bus & Coach. 2 April 2019. Archived from the original on 22 April 2019. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Skybus parent relaunched as 'Kinetic'". Australasian Bus & Coach. 8 August 2019. Archived from the original on 20 August 2019. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- Sunbus - Cairns Australian Bus Fleet Lists