|Parent||Transit Australia Group|
|Service type||Bus operator|
Smithfield Shopping Centre
|Stations||1 (Cairns City bus station)|
|Fleet||51 (June 2013)|
Sunbus Cairns, previously Marlin Coast Sunbus, is the principal bus operator in Cairns, Queensland operating services under the TransLink (Queensland) scheme in the Cairns region. It is one of Sunbus' operations.
In 1995, Harry Blundred, the proprietor of Thames Transit in the United Kingdom, was awarded the operating rights to route services in Cairns by the Government of Queensland. It initially was a joint venture with Beach Bus and West Cairns Bus Service, but Blundred took full control shortly after.
This is a separate operation to Love's Bus Service Cairns which is also owned by the Kinetic Group.
Sunbus operates from Palm Cove and Trinity Beach in the north, and as far south as Gordonvale and Edmonton. The area with the most coverage is along the Captain Cook Highway between Smithfield Shopping Centre and Cairns CBD.
- 110 Palm Cove to Cairns Central Shopping Centre
- 111 Kewarra Beach to Cairns Central Shopping Centre
- 112 Yorkeys Knob to Smithfield
- 113 Smithfield to Cairns Central Shopping Center (via Dunne Rd)
- 120 Smithfield to Cairns Central Shopping Centre (via Holloways Beach)
- 121 Redlynch to Cairns Central Shopping Centre
- 122 Redlynch to James Cook University
- 123 James Cook University to Cairns Central Shopping Centre
- 130 Manunda to Cairns Central Shopping Centre (via Greenslopes St)
- 131 Manunda to Cairns Central Shopping Centre (via Collins Ave)
- 133 Earlville to Cairns City bus station
- 140 Edmonton to Cairns Central Shopping Centre
- 141 Coconut Village to Cairns Central Shopping Centre
- 142 Edmonton to Cairns Central Shopping Centre
- 143 Mt Sheridan to Cairns Central Shopping Center
- 150 Gordonvale to Cairns Central Shopping Centre
- "Private Operators" Fleetline July 1995 page 130
- "Transit Australia" Australian Bus Panorama issue 11/7 April 1996 page 48
- "Private Operators" Australian Bus Panorama issue 13/1 August 1997 page 22
- Buslink Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "Skybus Operator to Acquire Transit Australia Group - Bustech not Included". Australasian Bus & Coach. 2 April 2019. Archived from the original on 22 April 2019. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Skybus parent relaunched as 'Kinetic'". Australasian Bus & Coach. 8 August 2019. Archived from the original on 20 August 2019. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- Sunbus - Cairns Australian Bus Fleet Lists