Marly van der Velden
van der Velden enjoyed dancing from a young age; at the age of 15 in 2003 she took part as a Latin dancer in the Dutch championships for debutants. In 2006 she was nominated for 'sexiest woman' by FHM magazine. She was also nominated for 'sexiest vegetarian' by the Wakker Dier foundation. van der Velden was diagnosed with anorexia, but went through successful treatment for it and now has become an ambassador for Human Concern, is a foundation which helps people with eating disorders.
van der Velden is best known from 'Goede Tijden, Slechte tijden' also known as GTST (literally translated: Good Times, Bad Times). She plays the role of Nina Sanders, a rich girl who is interested in fashion, like van der Velden herself.
van der Velden has with her friend and colleague Gigi Ravelli a successful jewelry line called 'Kuise Meisjes' (literally translated: maidens). It has become popular both in the Netherlands and across Europe. van der Velden and Ravelli also started a clothing line, Label 13 by Gigi and Marly. They also sell bags made by impoverished mothers in India. Profits from those bags go to the Tiny Miracle Foundation for support.
Writing and voice over work
For four months, van der Velden wrote a weekly column with an ex-colleague, Liza Sips, in one of the most popular teen magazines in the Netherlands, 'Hitkrant'. They wrote about personal happenings in their week. In 2012 van der Velden provided the voice of Audrey in the Dutch version of the movie The Lorax.
- Het glazen huis - unknown (2004)
- Goede tijden, slechte tijden - Nina Sanders (2005–2018)
- Kinderen geen bezwaar - Iris (2008)
- Verliefd op Ibiza - Bibi (2013)
- Rullens, Piet. "Result Service - Couple Information: Stefan Wabeke and Marly V/d Velden". www.danceplaza.com.
- "Marly van der Velden - Beeld en Geluid Wiki". beeldengeluidwiki.nl.
- "Tiny Miracles". Archived from the original on 2012-08-08.
- http://www.vanjeaf.nl/marlyvandervelden.php[permanent dead link]