|Created by||Andrew Davies|
|Written by||Andrew Davies|
|Theme music composer||Bad Manners|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||21 (inc. pilot episode)|
|Production company(s)||Thames Television|
|Original network||ITV Network (CITV)|
|Original release||2 November 1981 – 20 February 1984|
Marmalade Atkins is a children's fictional character created by the writer Andrew Davies. Marmalade first appeared in the book Marmalade and Rufus in 1979, and the character was later brought to television in 1981 in which she was played by the actress Charlotte Coleman.
A hair-raising teenage rebel, Marmalade made her TV debut in the one-off Marmalade Atkins in Space broadcast in 1981 as part of the Theatre Box series. This was followed by two ten-part series entitled Educating Marmalade in 1982-83, and Danger: Marmalade At Work in 1984, both of which continued to feature Coleman in the lead role.
Also featuring John Bird and Lynda Marchal as her parents Mr & Mrs Atkins (the latter replaced by Carol MacReady for the Marmalade at Work series), the programmes were produced by Thames Television for ITV. The show's creator, Andrew Davies, went on to author a series of Marmalade Atkins books. The theme track for Educating Marmalade was written and performed by Bad Manners.
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | MARMALADE ATKINS IN SPACE (1981)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- "Bfi | Film & Tv Database | Educating Marmalade". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- "Bfi | Film & Tv Database | Danger - Marmalade At Work". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | SHAME (1984)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- "h2g2 - 'Marmalade Atkins' by Andrew Davies". BBC. 2004-02-18. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- "Educating Marmalade". TV Cream. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
|This article about a fictional television character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|