This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Jasper National Park|
|Top elevation||2,612 m (8,570 ft)|
|Base elevation||1,698 m (5,570 ft)|
|Skiable area||6.8 km²|
30% - Novice
30% - Intermediate
20% - Advanced
20% - Expert
|Longest run||5.6 km|
|Lift system||7 chairlifts|
1 magic carpet
|Snowfall||400 cm/season (160 in./yr)|
Marmot Basin has 91 named runs on four mountain faces with 3,000 vertical feet of drop. The area has a lift capacity of close to 12,000 skiers per hour on seven lifts. The season runs from mid-November to early May.
Marmot Basin's facilities and services include 7 lifts, including the Canadian Rockies Express high speed quad chair - the longest in the Canadian Rockies, 3 on-mountain day lodges, a full-service Rental Shop, Snow Sports School, eateries, a nursery and retail shop.
Marmot Basin is located twenty minutes south of the town of Jasper, which provides for the needs of over two million visitors a year. Jasper National Park offers Rocky Mountain vistas, hiking and trail riding tours, whitewater rafting, and other year-round attractions.
The Rental & Repair shop offers standard and high performance rentals of skis, snowboards, boots and poles. Rentals are available at the main Caribou Chalet.
Snow Sports School
The Snow Sports School offers lessons for first time skiers and snowboarders, high performance clinics, freeride clinics, private lessons and a variety of children's programs.
The Little Rascals Nursery is available for children 19 months to 6 years of age.
Three mountain day lodges; the Caribou Chalet at the base area and Eagle and Paradise Chalets at mid-mountain. Three lounges, two cafeterias, two dining rooms, several outdoor sun decks and bag lunch areas.
Marmot Basin has three terrain parks on the mountain, which feature various rail slides, table tops, and jumps. Marmot offers a terrain park in the Lower, Mid and Upper mountain.
The Outer Limits Shop is a place to buy gifts, accessories, clothing and souvenirs. Marmot Basin also has a Sales Centre in town at 611 Patricia st. in Jasper, which you can buy smaller items at like toques, goggles, and mitts.
|Lift Name||Vertical Rise
|Canadian Rockies Express Quad Chair||596m (1955')||High Speed Quad||Leitner-Poma||2009|
|Eagle Express Quad Chair||320m (1050')||High Speed Quad||Doppelmayr CTEC||1990|
|Paradise High Speed Quad||410m (1345')||High Speed Quad||Leitner-Poma||2011|
|School House Triple Chair||122m (400')||Triple Chairlift||Doppelmayr CTEC||2011 (moved from 1982 location)|
|Knob Chair||270m (900')||Double Chairlift||Doppelmayr CTEC||1976|
|Eagle Ridge Quad Chair||307m (1007')||Quad Chairlift||Doppelmayr CTEC||2001|
|Magic Carpet||8m (26')||Magic Carpet||Magic Carpet Lifts||2003|
- Tranquilizer Chair (Double Chair) - 1968 - Removed 2009
- Kiefer T-Bar (T-Bar) - 1974 - Removed 2009
- School House T-Bar (T-Bar) - 1964 - Removed 2011
- Caribou Chair (Double Chair) - 1971 - Retired 2011
- Spillway T-Bar (T-Bar) - 1986 - Removed 1990
- "Marmot Installs Longest High-Speed Quad In Alberta Canadian Rockies". On the Snow. 5 October 2009. Archived from the original on 19 December 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Skilifts.org - 1990 Chairlift Installation Survey - North America". www.skilifts.org.
- "C$7 Million Upgrade Planned for Jasper's Marmot Basin". First Tracks!! Online. 5 November 2010. Archived from the original on 19 December 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Skilifts.org - 1982 Chairlift Installation Survey - North America". www.skilifts.org.
- "Skilifts.org - 1976 Chairlift Installation Survey - North America". www.skilifts.org.
- "Skilifts.org - 2001 Chairlift Installation Survey - North America". www.skilifts.org.
- "News & Events" (PDF). skimarmot.com.
- "Skilifts.org - 1968 Chairlift Installation Survey - North America". www.skilifts.org.
- "Skilifts.org - 1974 Chairlift Installation Survey - North America". www.skilifts.org.
- "Skilifts.org - 1964 Chairlift Installation Survey - North America". www.skilifts.org.