Becca Macintyre at Freeze Festival, 2011
|Origin||Bingley, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom|
|Members||Rebecca 'Becca' Macintyre
|Past members||Joe Doherty|
Marmozets are an English rock band from Bingley, West Yorkshire. Formed in 2007, the band consists of Rebecca 'Becca' Macintyre (vocals), Jack Bottomley (guitar), Sam Macintyre (guitar/vocals) Will Bottomley (bass/vocals) and Josh Macintyre (drums). Marmozets signed to Roadrunner Records in October 2013 and released their debut album on 29 September 2014. Their second album, Knowing What You Know Now, will be released on 26 January 2018.
Early years, The Weird and Wonderful Marmozets (2007–2016)
The two sets of siblings formed the band while at school and have been playing live since 2007, gathering widespread acclaim for their chaotic live shows despite an average age of just 18. The band were originally called The Marmozets, and under this name they released one EP titled "Out Of My Control" in 2009. They soon after altered their name to just Marmozets.
They have shared stages with the likes of Young Guns, Funeral For a Friend, Gallows, Hyro Da Hero, The Used, Four Year Strong and Muse and have appeared at Glastonbury Festival, Download Festival, Reading and Leeds, Rock Werchter, Slam Dunk Festival, 2000 Trees and Y Not Festival.
Marmozets embarked on their first headline UK tour in September 2013.
They released their first EP, Passive Aggressive in 2011 and followed that with Vexed in 2012.
Gallows' record label Venn Records released Marmozets' first single "Good Days in 2012. In 2013 the band self-released their second single, "Born Young and Free", before the band signed to Roadrunner Records, who put out "Move Shake Hide". Both singles received high praise from BBC Radio 1 DJs Zane Lowe, Daniel P Carter and Huw Stephens. The band released the single "Why Do You Hate Me?" on 17 March 2014.
The band was nominated for Best British Newcomer at the 2013 Kerrang! Awards and were voted Best New UK Band by Big Cheese magazine. Along with the singles released so far in the run up to the album, the band have also performed a few other unreleased tracks live that would feature on their debut album. New tracks include "Is It Horrible", "Cover Up", "Hit the Wave", "Particle" and "Vibe Tech".
Knowing What You Know Now (2017–present)
In January 2017, Sam Macintyre announced via twitter that the band had completed their second album. The first song of that album was released in August 2017 and was called "Play". The song was used as one of the official themes of the NXT Takeover specials, NXT TakeOver: WarGames.
On 10 October, the band released a second single from the album, titled "Habits", which was played on BBC Radio 1 prior to its official digital release. The band also announced details of their new album "Knowing What You Know Now", and made it available to pre-order before its 26 January 2018 release date.
- Rebecca 'Becca' Macintyre – lead vocals
- Jack Bottomley – lead guitar
- Sam Macintyre – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Will Bottomley – bass, backing vocals
- Josh Macintyre – drums
Will Bottomley at Camden Crawl 2012
- Studio albums
|Year||Album details||Peak chart
|2014||The Weird and Wonderful Marmozets
|2018||Knowing What You Know Now
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
|2009||Out Of My Control
|2013||"Born Young and Free"
|"Move Shake Hide"
|2014||"Why Do You Hate Me?"
- Music videos
|2013||"Move Shake Hide"|
|2014||"Why Do You Hate Me?"|
|"Born Young and Free"|
- "British Rock Didn't Know How Much It Needed a Frontwoman Until Now". Noisey. Retrieved 2016-10-05.
- "Sunderland Echo - Live Review Marmozets".
- Leeds Music Scene Marmozets formed in 2007, Leeds Music Scene, 21 March 2015
- Freeman, Phil. "Roadrunner Signs Marmozets", Roadrunner Records, 17 October 2013
- "Marmozets Album 2". Marmozets Official Facebook. 10 October 2017.
- "Leeds Music Scene". www.leedsmusicscene.net. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Brinnand, Emily. "New Band Up North - Number 22: Marmozets", The Guardian, 8 April 2013
- Kerrang! "Marmozets announce UK headline tour dates" Archived 23 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine., Kerrang!, 25 July 2013
- Bandcamp "Marmozets on Bandcamp", Bandcamp
- Venn Records "Marmozets", Venn Records
- Blabbermouth "MARMOZETS Sign With ROADRUNNER RECORDS", Blabbermouth, 15 October 2013
- Kerrang! "Relentless Kerrang! Awards 2013 - The Nominations" Archived 10 January 2014 at the Wayback Machine., Kerrang!, 8 May 2013
- Roadrunner Records "MARMOZETS // VOTED BEST NEW UK BAND BY BIG CHEESE MAGAZINE!", Roadrunner Records, 10 December 2013
- "Marmozets To Support Muse On Psycho Tour - Kerrang!". Retrieved 2015-06-28.
- "Marmozets have finished their next record | Upset". www.upsetmagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Marmozets have dropped a brand new banger 'Habits', and announced details of their second album". Ackroyd, Stephen. Upset Magazine. 11 October 2017.
- "Bingley band to play Albert Hall". Bradford Telegraph and Argus. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Staff writer(s); no by-line. "MARMOZETS". www.officialcharts.com. Official Charts Company. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- "The Marmozets // Official on PureVolume". Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Staff writer(s); no by-line. "Marmozets - Captivate You (Single) - Roadrunner Records UK". www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk. Roadrunner Records. Retrieved March 1, 2015.