Marogong, Lanao del Sur
Map of Lanao del Sur with Marogong highlighted
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|Province||Lanao del Sur|
|Founded||May 4, 1977|
|• Mayor||Haroun T.A. Maruhom|
|• Total||365.00 km2 (140.93 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||58/km2 (150/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)63|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Electorate||9,808 voters as of 2016|
Marogong is politically subdivided into 24 barangays.
- Marogong East
- Marogong Proper (Pob.)
- Paigoay Coda
- Piangologan (Lilimo)
The Municipality of Marogong was first created as a barangay on July 5, 1965, as part of the Municipality of Tubaran. 13 years after, this barangay was changed into a municipality by virtue of the signing of Presidential Decree (P.D.) No. 1131 dated May 4, 1977, signed into law by President Ferdinand Edralin Marcos, officially creating Barangay Marogong into a regular Municipality by separating it from the Municipality of Tubaran.
Marogong Municipality was first ran by the appointment of Abdulmadid P. Maruhom, who was succeeded by his children Monara Bae, Amron (Arumpac) and Haroun (Actor), now the incumbent Municipal Mayor.
Marogong was founded by a Sultan Abdulmadid P. Maruhom in 1954 when he explored the forest and settled in what would later become a small town and finally a regular municipality of Lanao del sur. Maruhom was the first appointed mayor and first elected mayor on January 30, 1980.
|Population census of Marogong|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Census of Population (2015). "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011.
- "Province of Lanao del Sur". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
||Tubaran||Binidayan / Bayang||Lumbaca-Unayan|