Maroochy River, Queensland
|Population||1,337 (2011 census)|
|Location||113 km (70 mi) N of Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
The Maroochy River meanders from west to east through the locality. The surrounding river flats are cleared and primarily used for farming. The hillsides in the north-west and south-east of the locality are primarily used for residential purposes and retain natural bushland. Coolum Creek forms the eastern boundary of the locality.
Maroochy River has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Maroochy River". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Maroochy River (entry 49435)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Dunethin Rock (entry 602695)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Tramway Lift Bridge over Maroochy River (entry 602527)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
|This article about the geography of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|