Maroochy River, Queensland
|Population||1,337 (2011 census)|
|Location||113 km (70 mi) N of Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
The Maroochy River meanders from west to east through the locality. The surrounding river flats are cleared and primarily used for farming. The hillsides in the north-west and south-east of the locality are primarily used for residential purposes and retain natural bushland. Coolum Creek forms the eastern boundary of the locality.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2019)
Maroochy River has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Maroochy River". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Maroochy River (entry 49435)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Dunethin Rock (entry 602695)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Tramway Lift Bridge over Maroochy River (entry 602527)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
|This article about the geography of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|