|Parish of Marown|
Marown has an area of approximately 9 square miles (20 km2) and is the only parish on the island that does not border the sea at some point. The River Dhoo flows through the parish.
The current Captain of the Parish is Charles Fargher JP, who has held the post since 2001. Previous captains of Marown Parish have included Dalrymple Maitland from 1909 to 1919. The local authority is Marown Parish Commissioners.
Marown Language Centre (Manx: Yn Ynnyd Chengey), a foreign language teaching facility and training centre for teachers on the island, is located in Crosby, close to the old St Runius Church (dedicated to St. Runius or Rónán).
Historic homes in the parish include Ellerslie Manor, Ballacotch Manor and Ballavagher House. Millennium Way long distance footpath runs through the parish, as does the Heritage Trail, which follows the old Peel to Douglas railway line. The Snaefell Mountain Course also runs through the parish.
Famous residents of the parish have included English keyboard player Rick Wakeman, best known as the keyboardist for progressive rock group Yes and Manx born TV chef and actor, Kevin Woodford.
The Isle of Man census 2006 lists the parish population as 2,086, increased from the population of 1,879 in 2001.
Marown F.C. is a football club who compete in the Isle of Man Football League. They play their home games at the Memorial Playing Fields in Crosby. The village also has the Crosby Cricket Club who play on the same site. They were founded in 1946 and are members of the Isle of Man Cricket Association. The parish also has Marown Badminton Club based in Glen Vine, who are members of the Isle of Man Badminton Association, Marown Hockey Club and Marown Bowling Club.
- "Captain of the Parish - Marown". Manx Heritage Foundation. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Marown parish". isle-of-man.com. 2000. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "St Runius Church". Isle of Man Guide. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Crosby Wesleyan Methodist Chapel 1833". isle-of-man.com. 2001. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Marown Primary School". Isle of Man Schools. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Isle of Man Primary Modern Languages Service". Isle of Man Schools. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Millennium Way". Isle of Man Guide. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Heritage Trail". Isle of Man Guide. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Isle of Man Census 2006 Summary Results" (PDF). Economic Affairs Division, Isle of Man Treasury. 2006. p. 3. Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- "A Brief History of the Club". Crosby Cricket Club. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "clubs in glen vine". Isle of Man Badminton Association. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- Marown Parish Commissioners
- Marown Church
- Manxnotebook - Marown
- Isle of Man Building Control Districts PDF showing parish boundaries