|No. 55 – Oakland Raiders|
|Born:||October 21, 1995|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school:||Westlake (Waldorf, Maryland)|
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 5 / Pick: 168|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Marquel Lee (born October 21, 1995) is an American football linebacker for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Wake Forest, and was drafted by the Raiders in the fifth round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
On December 14, 2016, it was announced that Lee had accepted his invitation to play in the 2017 East–West Shrine Game. During practice for the East–West Shrine Game, Lee sustained a foot injury and was unable to participate. He was one of 29 collegiate linebackers to attend the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Indiana, but only performed the bench press, vertical jump, and broad jump due to his pre-existing foot injury. Lee performed well, finishing second among all linebackers in the bench press, 12th in the broad jump, and 16th in the vertical. On March 13, 2017, Lee attended Wake Forest's pro day and ran all of the combine drills he was unable to at the combine. At the conclusion of the pre-draft process, Lee was projected to be a fifth round pick by NFL draft experts and scouts. He was ranked the 13th best outside linebacker prospect in the draft by NFLDraftScout.com.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in
|32 1⁄2 in
|9 1⁄2 in
|4.78 s||1.62 s||2.71 s||4.33 s||7.28 s||31 in
|9 ft 8 in
|All values from NFL Combine/Wake Forest's Pro Day|
Throughout training camp, Lee competed for the starting middle linebacker role against Ben Heeney, Cory James, and Tyrell Adams. Head coach Jack Del Rio named him the starting middle linebacker to start the regular season.
He made his professional regular season debut and his first career start in the Oakland Raiders' season-opener at the Tennessee Titans and recorded two solo tackles during their 26–16 victory. On October 8, 2017, Lee recorded a season-high six combined tackles in a 30–17 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. He unfortunately sustained a ankle injury during the game and was carted off the field to be examined in the locker room. He missed the next three games and lost his starting role to newly acquired veteran NaVorro Bowman who the Raiders signed on October 16, 2017. He finished his rookie season with 25 combined tackles (18 solo) in 13 games and six starts. Head coach Jack Del Rio was fired after the Raiders finished 6-10.
- "Oakland Raiders Select Marquel Lee In Fifth Round Of 2017 NFL Draft".
- "NFL Draft: Raiders get their linebacker in Wake Forest's Marquel Lee". April 29, 2017.
- "Lee, Watson to play in 92nd East-West Shrine Game". wakeforestsports.com. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- "NFL Combine results 2017: Full numbers for linebackers". sbnation.com. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- "Marquel Lee, DS #13 OLB, Wake Forest". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Marquel Lee". NFL.com. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- "Oakland Raiders Select Marquel Lee In Fifth Round Of 2017 NFL Draft". Raiders.com. April 29, 2017. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- "Spotrac.com: Marquel Lee contract". spotrac.com. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- Doug Williams (June 13, 2017). "Marquel Lee Working to Become Raiders' Middle Man". nbcbayarea.com. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- Levi Damien (September 5, 2017). "Raiders release week 1 depth chart". silverandblackpride.com. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- Levi Damien (October 17, 2017). "Raiders-Chiefs injury report: Marquel Lee returns, Marshall Newhouse still missing". silverandblackpride.com. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- Paul Gutierrez (October 23, 2017). "'Hunting dog' NaVorro Bowman sparking Raiders' defense". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- "NFL Player stats: Marquel Lee (2017)". NFL.com. Retrieved January 20, 2018.