Marquette University College of Engineering
|Location||1515 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee|
The Marquette University College of Engineering is one of the primary colleges at Marquette University, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The college oversees curricula related to the research and application of engineering and its various subfields.
The college oversees the curriculum and instruction in all of the engineering-related majors offered by the university. The College of Engineering offers Bachelor's, Master's and Ph.D. degrees across seven majors. Within the college are four academic departments:
- Biomedical engineering
- Civil, construction and environmental engineering
- Electrical and computer engineering
- Mechanical engineering
In 2011, the college opened a new facility, Engineering Hall, to house laboratories.
The college is home to a major interdisciplinary machine shop and hands-on work center, called the Discovery Learning Laboratory, as well as the Marquette University Humanoid Engineering & Intelligent Robotics Lab. Researchers in the college have built a visualization lab to create 3D-interactive exhibits and activities.
Projects conducted by the college range from human-powered nebulizers to designing humanoid robots that help combat childhood obesity. A student team in the college is building a CubeSat that they will launch into space with NASA in 2016 or 2017.
In 2012, US News and World Report ranked the college's biomedical engineering program at 51st among all programs nationwide. The college as a whole is ranked as the top Jesuit-affiliated college of engineering in the United States.
- Bauter, Alison (15 July 2014). "Dean of Marquette's College of Engineering resigns". Milwaukee Business Journal. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "College of Engineering". mu.edu. Marquette University. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Marquette to celebrate opening of new Engineering Hall". BizTimes.com. 30 September 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Marquette University's 3D Visualization Lab Is A Collaborative Hub". Live Design. 13 August 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Big Ideas 2013". The Journal Sentinel. 27 December 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Are Americans Getting Smarter About Obesity?". NPR. 17 December 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- Ponton, Thema (19 February 2014). "Marquette University satellite will go to space". WISN. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Rankings and Recognition". mu.edu. Marquette University. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Quick Facts". College of Engineering website. Marquette University. Retrieved 13 November 2012.