October 5, 1992|
Shelby, North Carolina
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||220 lb (100 kg)|
(Charlotte, North Carolina)
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Marquise Javon Williams (born October 5, 1992) is a Canadian football quarterback who is currently a free agent, having most recently played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at North Carolina. Williams was signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent in 2016.
Williams attended Mallard Creek High School in Charlotte, North Carolina. As a senior, he threw for 3,034 yards with 45 touchdowns and rushed for 1,147 yards and 19 touchdowns. Williams was a four-star recruit by Rivals.com and was ranked as the ninth best dual-threat quarterback in his class.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Charlotte, NC||Mallard Creek HS||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||217 lb (98 kg)||4.75||Jun 7, 2010|
|Recruiting star ratings: Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: 79|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 16 (QB), 263 (National) Rivals: 9 (QB), 247 (National), 11 (NC)|
After redshirting in 2011, Williams appeared in nine games as Bryn Renner's backup as a redshirt freshman in 2012. He passed for 127 yards and a touchdown and also rushed for 186 yards with three touchdowns. Williams entered his sophomore season in 2013 as Renner's backup. After Renner suffered an injury that caused him to miss the rest of the season, Williams became the starter. Against Old Dominion, he set the school record for total yards in a game with 469. In total he appeared in 12 games with six starts, completing 126 of 217 passes for 1,698 yards, 15 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also led the team in rushing yards with 536, becoming the first quarterback to lead North Carolina in rushing since Gayle Bomar in 1968. Williams entered his junior season in 2014 as the starter. He passed for 3,068 yards with 21 passing touchdowns and added 13 rushing touchdowns.
Williams returned as a starter and team captain his senior year in 2015, leading the Tar Heels to the ACC Coastal Division title and the ACC Championship Game. Over the course of the season, Williams passed for 3,072 yards and 24 passing touchdowns while recording 13 rushing touchdowns. Against Duke University, Williams had a historic performance. He threw for 494 passing yards, a school record passing yards, threw for four touchdowns, and rushed for another touchdown.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 2 in
|4.81 s||1.71 s||2.75 s||4.37 s||7.00 s||32.5 in
|9 ft 3 in|
|All values are from Pro Day|
Green Bay Packers
In May 2017, Williams signed as a rookie free agent with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League (CFL). Throughout the two-game preseason, Williams completed 10 passes out of 12 attempts, for 115 yards, and one interception. Williams made the Roughriders roster as the third quarterback on June 17, beating out Vince Young who, like Williams, had also played for the Green Bay Packers during a preseason. Williams also beat out Bryan Bennett for the job.
In May 2018, Williams took reps against the Edmonton Eskimos in the opening preseason game of the 2018 CFL season, completing 3 of his 7 pass attempts for 32 yards and an interception. On May 28, 2018, Williams and three other players were released by the Roughriders the day after their 35–12 loss to the Eskimos.
- "Marquise Williams".
- Bryn Renner to UNC quarterback Marquise Williams: This is your team now Archived 2014-12-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- Harold GutmannHerald-Sun (November 9, 2013). "UVa. at UNC: With Renner gone, all eyes on Marquise Williams". The Herald-Sun.
- Times-News. "North Carolina pours points on Old Dominion in historic blowout". The Times.
- Harold GutmannHerald-Sun (July 20, 2014). "UNC QB Williams confident, ready to get throwing". The Herald-Sun.
- "UNC coach Larry Fedora says Marquise Williams is starting quarterback". newsobserver.
- "Williams, Tar Heels dominate rival Blue Devils 66–31". ESPN.
- "Marquise Williams". sports-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved October 3, 2017.
- "Marquise Williams – North Carolina, QB : 2016 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Vensel, Matt (May 7, 2016). "Vikings notes: Unsigned Treadwell joins other draftees at minicamp". startribune.com. Retrieved October 3, 2017.
- "Packers sign QB Marquise Williams". Packers.com. May 26, 2016. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "Packers keep six undrafted rookies, including QB Joe Callahan". Packers.com. September 3, 2016. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "The Saskatchewan Roughriders release quarterback Vince Young". 18 June 2017.
- "Marquise Williams among four Riders released – CFL.ca". CFL.ca. 2018-05-28. Retrieved 2018-05-28.