Marr & Holman
Marr & Holman was an architectural firm in Nashville, Tennessee known for their traditional design. Notable buildings include the Nashville Post Office, now known as the Frist Center for the Visual Arts and the Milliken Memorial Community House in Elkton, Kentucky.
The firm was formed in 1913 with Joseph Holman (born 1866) and Thomas Marr as principals.
Works, all located in Tennessee, include (with attribution):
- East Nashville High and Junior High Schools (built 1932), 110, 112 Gallatin Rd. Nashville, TN, NRHP-listed
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, 226 N. 3rd Ave. Nashville, TN, NRHP-listed
- Fifth Avenue Historic District, Roughly bounded by Church and Union Sts., 4th, 5th, and 6th Aves. Nashville, TN, NRHP-listed
- Franklin County Courthouse, Public Sq. Winchester, TN, NRHP-listed
- Lauderdale County Courthouse, Town Sq. Ripley, TN, NRHP-listed
- Madison County Courthouse, Public Sq. Jackson, TN, NRHP-listed
- Middle Tennessee State Teachers College Training School, 923 E. Lytle St. Murfreesboro, TN, NRHP-listed
- Noel Hotel, 200-204 N. 4th Ave. Nashville, TN, NRHP-listed
- Obion County Courthouse, Jct. of Third and Washington Sts. Union City, TN, NRHP-listed
- Pickett County Courthouse, Town Sq. Byrdstown, TN, NRHP-listed
- Rich-Schwartz Building, 202-204 N. 6th Ave. Nashville, TN with (local contractor)), NRHP-listed
- James Robertson Hotel, 118 N. 7th Ave. Nashville, TN, NRHP-listed
- Tennessee State University Historic District, 3500 John A. Merritt Blvd. Nashville, TN (Marr & Holman, et al.), NRHP-listed
- Union City Armory, 415 W. Main St. Union City, TN, NRHP-listed
- United States Post Office (Nashville, Tennessee), 901 Broadway Nashville, TN, NRHP-listed
- one or more works in Tennessee School for the Deaf Historic District, 2725 Island Home Blvd. Knoxville, TN, NRHP-listed
- Tennessee Supreme Court Building, 401 Seventh Avenue North, Nashville, built in 1937 by Rock City Construction; NRHP-listed
- "Marr and Holman Buildings in Downtown Nashville TR" (PDF).
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.