Marrickville railway station
Main entrance in 2017
|Location||Illawarra Road, Marrickville|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||6.85 kilometres from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||1 February 1895|
|Passengers (2013)||3,740 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
When the station opened, it consisted only of the island platform. In 1916, the station's platforms were reconstructed with a new platform, now platform 2, built to the south of the island platform and the northern side of the island platform closed to make way for the Metropolitan Goods Line. The station has retained this set-up to date.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||services to Lidcombe & Liverpool via Bankstown|||
Transit Systems operate two routes via Marrickvile station:
Marrickville station is served by one NightRide route:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Marrickville Station NSWrail.net
- Marrickville Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Work to begin on Marrickville Station makeover Transport for NSW 27 May 2014
- Marrickville Station upgrade - Construction underway Transport for NSW
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 423". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route L23". Transport for NSW.
- "N40 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
Media related to Marrickville railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Marrickville station details Transport for New South Wales