Marrickville railway station
Main entrance in 2017
|Location||Illawarra Road, Marrickville|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||6.85 kilometres from Central|
|Opened||1 February 1895|
When the station opened, it consisted only of the island platform. In 1916, the station's platforms were reconstructed with a new platform, now platform 2, built to the south of the island platform and the northern side of the island platform closed to make way for the Metropolitan Goods Line. The station has retained this set-up to date.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||services to Lidcombe & Liverpool via Bankstown|||
State Transit operate two routes via Marrickvile station:
- Marrickville Station NSWrail.net
- Marrickville Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- Work to begin on Marrickville Station makeover Transport for NSW 27 May 2014
- Marrickville Station upgrade - Construction underway Transport for NSW
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 423, L23 and 426 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 28 January 2015.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW