Marriott Ogle Tarbotton
Tarbotton was Borough Engineer at Wakefield from 1855 until he was appointed to the same position in Nottingham in 1859, a position he held until 1880.
He was awarded membership in the Institution of Civil Engineers in 1862.
He was engineer to the Nottingham Gas Company.
Tarbotton was the eldest son of Samuel Tarbotton (1801 - 1850), Druggist and Drysalter and his wife Grace Ogle (1802-1884).
He married Emma Maria Stanfield (ca. 1832 - 1915) on 8 September 1857.
They had children:
- Minnie Grace Tarbotton 1861 - 1920
- Lilian Mary Tarbotton 1863 -
- Harold Ogle Tarbotton 1869 -
In 1851 he was living in Northallerton in the house of Harry J Hebert (Civil Engineer). In 1871 he was living at 30 Newstead Grove in Nottingham. By 1881 he was living in South Road, The Park, Nottingham.
- Pevsner Architectural Guides. Nottingham. Yale University Press. ISBN 978-0-300-12666-2.
- The meteorology of Nottingham for the past 12 years, 1867 to 1878 inclusive ... Marriott Ogle Tarbotton
|This article about an engineer, inventor or industrial designer from England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|