Mars vs Venus
|Mars Vs Venus
Mars vs Venus Poster
|Genre||Modern Romance, Drama|
|Starring||Tay Ping Hui
|Opening theme||"幸福双人床" by
Chew Sin Huey
|Ending theme||"Would You Be There" by
|Country of origin||Singapore|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Running time||approx. 45 minutes|
|Original release||May 1 – May 28, 2007|
Mars vs Venus (Simplified Chinese: 幸福双人床) is a Singaporean Chinese drama which was telecast on Singapore's free-to-air channel, MediaCorp TV Channel 8. It made its debut on 1 May 2007 and ended its run on 28 May 2007. It was screened on every weekday night, 9pm. This drama serial consists of 20 episodes.
The theme of the drama is mainly to showcase the differences between the two sexes. The show consists of four different couples, each having relationship problems. They are played by, namely: Tay Ping Hui and Huang Biren, Pierre Png and Jesseca Liu, Cavin Soh and May Phua, Chen Tianwen and Aileen Tan.
This show has been deemed by many Singaporeans as one of the best drama series produced by MediaCorp in Year 2007, mostly due to its good script and excellent acting of the cast. This show is the 3rd Highest Rated Drama Series for Year 2007.
- 1 Cast
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Trivia
- 4 2007 Accolades
- 5 Viewership Ratings
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- Tay Ping Hui（郑斌辉）as Steven (刘一凡)
- Huang Biren（黄碧仁）as Xie Wen Jing (谢文静)
- Pierre Png（方展发）as William (李威联)
- Jesseca Liu（刘芷绚）as Zi Ling (翁紫玲)
- May Phua（潘淑卿）as Carmen (苏丽梅)
- Cavin Soh（苏志成）as Hanns (吴国汉)
- Aileen Tan（陈丽贞）as Li Yu Lian (李玉莲)
- Li Yinzhu（李茵珠）as Ya Yu (雅玉)
- Chen Tianwen（陈天文）as Ni Kui Li (Ah Wu) (阿呜)
- Le Yao（乐瑶）as Ai Mei (爱美)
- Ye Shi Pin as Ren Chun
- Damus Lim Jun Hao（林俊豪）as Wen Wen
Steven (Tay Ping Hui) VS Wen Jing (Huang Bi Ren)
They got married in a haste because Wenjing was pregnant. Because of that, they were forced to stay together. Lack of understanding for each other, they are constantly arguing. Though there was constant arguing, they managed to keep their marriage going for 8 years and they have 1 daughter named Fang Fang, and 1 son named Wen Wen. Their marriage ends up in a divorce with the constant interference from Steven's mother (Li Yin Zhu), who hopes to find a better wife for her son in his ex-girlfriend, Aimei (Le Yao). After knowing that Aimei is a bad woman who abused Wen Wen, Steven decided to break up with Aimei once again and begs Wenjing for forgiveness and he hopes to go back to her. Would Wenjing forgive him?
Willian (Pierre Png) VS Zi Ling (Jesseca Liu)
William and Ziling are happy newly-weds who turned unhappy all too soon when reality sets in. A stay-home wife, Ziling became bored eventually while William refuses to let her go to work. Carmen, who is Ziling's best friend, then gets jealous of Ziling and decides to test their relationship by seducing William. Their marriage is further put to test when William gets to know that he is infertile (low sperm count), which would greatly reduce the chances of Ziling getting pregnant. Would their marriage be able to withstand the various problems posed?
Hanns (Cavin Soh) VS Carman (May Phua)
Carmen had a womanizer rich husband who died, while Hanns's fiancee eloped with another man while they were on honeymoon. Because of that, both had great distrust for the opposite sex and are often at loggerheads with each other, but soon get along with each other and became friends. They unwittingly fell in love but can they ever trust each other?
Yu Lian (Aileen Tan) VS Ah Wu (Chen Tian Wen)
Forty-year-old Yu Lian is the boss of a dessert shop, Yu Lian's Dessert Shop while Ah Wu is a big boss of the Pavi brand shoe company. Yu Lian has only had a single time of love life in her whole life. As such, Yu Lian is always envious of women who have plenty of boyfriends around them. Little did she know that Ah Wu is a secret admirer of her, until it was a little too late...
- The name of this show refers to the book Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John Gray.
- Many executive producers of MediaCorp have hinted that the lead actress of this show, Huang Biren, is a potential Best Actress Award winner in the upcoming Star Awards 2007 for this show due to the interesting role she acted as. She acted as a fierce, naggy and fat housewife for the first time in her 20-year career.
- In the 12th episode, lead actor Tay Ping Hui stripped naked for a showering scene in the drama.
- This drama is known for its many useful quotes and songs provided during its telecast.
This drama had received the most number of nominations in the Star Awards 2007, which was a total of 6 nominations.Metamorphosis 破茧而出, Like Father, Like Daughter 宝贝父女兵 ,The Homecoming 十三鞭 & The Peak 最高点
Star Awards 2007 Awards and Nominations
- Tay Ping Hui was nominated Best Actor
- Huang Biren was nominated Best Actress
- Cavin Soh was nominated Best Supporting Actor
- May Phua WON Best Supporting Actress
- Nominated Best Drama Serial
- Lin Jun Hao was nominated Young Talent Award
- 3rd Highest Viewership Drama WON
- Best Screenplay Award WON
- Best Director Award (Teo Long Min) WON
Asian Television Awards 2007 nomination
- Huang Biren was nominated Best Actress
This drama series has recorded one of the highest viewership ratings of Year 2007 to date. Ranking at 3rd position for Year 2007.
|Week||Episode||Date||Average Number of audience in 5 weekdays
(Round off to nearest thousand)
|Week 1||Episodes 1 to 4||1 May 2007 to 4 May 2007||616, 000|
|Week 2||Episodes 5 to 9||7 May 2007 to 11 May 2007||656, 000|
|Week 3||Episodes 10 to 14||14 May 2007 to 18 May 2007||703, 000|
|Week 4||Episodes 15 to 19||21 May 2007 to 25 May 2007||751, 000|
|Last episode||Episode 20||28 May 2007||842, 000 (Peaking at 1.02 million)|