Marsh Awards for Ornithology
The Marsh Awards for Ornithology are among over 40 Marsh Awards issued in the United Kingdom by the Marsh Christian Trust and the British Trust for Ornithology (BTO), in the field of ornithology. The awards given include:
The Marsh Award for Ornithology
For an ornithologist who is making a significant contribution to the field, typically someone who gained a PhD between ten and twenty years prior to the award being made.
- 2010Dr Jenny Gill, British Ornithologists' Union (BOU) President: 
- 2011Dr Ian Hartley (former Chairman of the BOU's Ibis Management Committee: 
- 2012Professor Jeremy Wilson, head of research for RSPB Scotland: 
The BTO Marsh Local Ornithology Award
For a bird club or group that publishes a book, completes a study or conducts any other exceptional activity in the preceding calendar year that advances knowledge about birds.
- 2010Cheshire & Wirral Ornithology Society: 
- 2011Henfield Birdwatch: 
- 2012Chris Dee and the Herts Bird Club for their online bird atlas: 
The Marsh Award for Innovative Ornithology
Introduced in 2012 to celebrate:
an important contribution which takes forward our understanding of avian ecology or conservation science
- 2012The BTO's Cuckoo Team for their satellite tracking project: 
- 2016Dick Newell and Action For Swifts: 
- "Jeremy Wilson receives the 2012 Marsh Award for Ornithology". British Ornithologists' Union. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Dilys Breese and Marsh awards presented at SWLA exhibition". British Trust for Ornithology. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Medallists". British Trust for Ornithology. Retrieved 1 November 2012.