Marsha Collier at iCitizen in March 2008
|Occupation||Author, Columnist, Radio Host|
Marsha Collier (Born in New York, New York) is an author, radio personality (on the Internet and KTRB 860 AM San Francisco) and educator specializing in technology and inspiring business on how to use the internet for marketing and ecommerce.
With over 1 million copies of her books in print as of 2007 (special editions for the UK, Germany, France, Canada, Australia, Chinese - and an edition in Spanish), she is the top selling eBay author. Among her books, eBay For Dummies is the best selling book on eBay e-commerce worldwide while eBay Business All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies is the best selling title on operating an eBay business. "Starting an eBay Business For Dummies" appeared on the BusinessWeek Magazine Best Seller list for many weeks. Collier is a columnist with Entrepreneur.com and American Express OPEN.
Her book, The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide: How to connect with Your Customers To Sell More" was the first to address social media as a customer service venue and was in the Top Ten books CEOs were reading in December 2011.
Before her online career began, Collier owned and operated her own marketing and advertising firm, The Collier Company, and won numerous awards including “Small Businessperson of the Year” accolades from several organizations. Collier got started on eBay during the site’s early years and became one of the site’s first successful sellers. As of 2016, she is currently an eBay Top Rated Seller  and a member of the Professional eBay Sellers Alliance (PESA).
The first edition of eBay For Dummies was published in 1999 (the first unofficial book on eBay). She co-authored that edition with Roland Woerner and Stephanie Becker and became sole author of the series on the second edition. In 2001, Collier authored the first book targeting individuals interested in making eBay their full-time profession, Starting an eBay Business For Dummies.
She was a lead instructor at numerous stops on the “eBay University” tour as well as at the eBay’s annual “eBay Live” conference. Collier made her debut as a DVD trainer on the eBay University Business Builders Workshop Home Study Kit, a product created in partnership with Auction Advisor and eBay.
In December 2005, Collier hosted the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) Public television program Making Your Fortune Online, a complete guide to starting and operating an online business. The two-hour program, shot in front of a live studio audience in San Francisco, was a full seminar on conceiving a business idea, finding products or services to sell, finding the best sites for your products, and understanding the legal, operational and tax issues related to having a successful online business.
In 2008, Collier was named one of twenty iCitizens in the book, The Open Brand: When Push Comes to Pull in a Web-Made World by Kelly Mooney. She also gives keynotes at e-commerce events such as Online Market World in San Francisco, organized by founder Jeff Chase and EVP Christopher Matthew Spencer. More recently at PayPalX Developer's Conference in November 2009, October 2010 and ThinkGlobal Retail in 2016.
Collier speaks at many universities and major conferences translating the use of social media into social commerce, including:
- Retail Global 2015
- SXSW 2013: Real Talk: The Social Customer Service Shift
- 140 Character Conference London,
- unGeeked Elite 2010
- Parallels Cloud Summit Keynote
- CES Consumer Electronics Show Las Vegas 2012
- CES Consumer Electronics Show Tweet House 2013
She's been named in many online lists:
- Brand Quarterly Magazine: 50 Marketing Leaders Over 50 2014, 2015
- Scott Goodson in Forbes: Must-Follow Marketing Minds On Twitter 2014
- Huffington Post: 100 Must Follow On Twitter 2014
- 2013 Haydn Shaughnessy in Forbes Top 20 Women Social Media Power Influencers
- 2013 Haydn Shaughnessy in Forbes Top 50 Social Media Influencers
- Edelman Tweetlevel: Top Media 100 Users by Influence
- 2012 Haydn Shaughnessy in Forbes Top 50 Social Media Influencers
- 2011 Haydn Shaughnessy in Forbes Top Ten Women Social Media Influencers
- Top 12 Twitter Accounts to Follow in 2012
- 140 Character NOW Award 2009 for her connecting to her readers on Twitter.
- The 100 Most Powerful Women On Twitter 2010
- Los Angeles Tech Scene: Top 10 LA Tech & Twitter Voices 2010
Collier is on the Board of Advisors for Buysafe, a bonding service for online sellers; the Advisory Council for StellaService, the first and only company dedicated to providing independent, comprehensive customer service ratings on the customer service quality of online retailers and Advisor to GGIS/Dreamware.
Collier hosts a weekly Radio Show along with co-host Marc Cohen. Computer and Technology Radio with Marc and Marsha.
- eBay For Dummies 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Twitter and Facebook For Seniors For Dummies 2010, 2014
- eBay Business All-in-One for Dummies 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013
- Social Media Commerce For Dummies 2012
- Facebook fúr Senioren Fúr Dummies (Germany) 2012
- The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide: How to Connect with your Customers to Sell More 2011 (Audible 2012)
- Facebook fúr Senioren Fúr Dummies (Germany) 2012
- AARP Facebook: Tech To Connect 2012
- eBay For Seniors For Dummies 2009
- Making Money on eBay For Dummies (Pocket Edition) 2009
- eBay PowerSeller Business Practices For Dummies 2008
- eBay Timesaving Techniques For Dummies 2004
- eBay Listings That Sell For Dummies 2006
- Starting an eBay Business For Dummies 2001, 2004, 2011
- Starting an E-Bay Business for Dummies (Playaway Audio) 2009
- PayPal For Dummies (forward) 2005
- eBay Bargain Shopping For Dummies 2003
- Santa Shops on eBay 2006
- eBay Para Dummies (Spanish) 2004
- eBay-Schnappchen Fur Dummies (German) 2004
- Mein eBay-Shop (German) 2005
- 开创你的eBay商务 玛莎•科莉尔，，，美国 (Chinese) 2007
- eBay Pour Les Nuls (French) 2006
- eBay Per Negati (Italian) 2008
- eBay For Dummies adapted for Australia 2006
- eBay For Canadians For Dummies 2006, 2008
- Starting an eBay Business For Canadians For Dummies 2006, 2008
- eBay.co.uk For Dummies 2006, 2008
- Starting a Business on eBay.co.uk for Dummies 2006, 2008
- eBay.co.uk Business All-in-One for Dummies 2009
- The Internet GigaBook For Dummies (Co-Author) 2004
- "eBay For Dummies, 8th Edition:Book Information - For Dummies". Dummies.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "Wiley Announces Third Edition to Expert Author Marsha Collier's Bestselling Book: eBay Business All-in-One For Dummies®". Prweb.com. 2013-08-05. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20091018021732/http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/03_05/b3818034.htm. Archived from the original on October 18, 2009. Retrieved January 1, 2014. Missing or empty
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-01-25. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "eBay Feedback Profile for marsha_c". Feedback.ebay.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- On-time Shipping. "eBay University | eBay Seller Center". Ebay.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "Making Your Fortune Online with Marsha Collier". KQED Public Media. Retrieved 2016-03-25.
- "The Open Brand: When Push Comes to Pull in a Web-Made World - Kelly Mooney, Nita Rollins - Google Books". Books.google.com. 2010-04-07. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- http://www.onlinemarketworld.com[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-13. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- IBM Social Business (2015-03-25), Futurists Insights Series - Marsha Collier, retrieved 2016-03-25
- "Retail Global connecting the world of commerce". Retailglobal.com. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "Real Talk: The Social Customer Service Shift | Schedule | sxsw.com". Schedule.sxsw.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "140 Character Conference". London.140conf.com. 2009-09-21. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-07. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Brand Quarterly Issue 13 by Vesey Creative". issuu. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "Must-Follow Marketing Minds On Twitter 2014". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "100 Must Follow On Twitter 2014 [SLIDE DECK]". Huffingtonpost.com. 2014-02-05. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2010-10-19.