Marsha Petrie Sue
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2017)|
Marsha Petrie Sue (born 1946) is an author, public speaker, and motivational coach from Scottsdale, Arizona, United States. She has produced over 27 titles of CDs, DVD,s and books including Toxic People: Decontaminate Difficult People at Work Without Using Weapons or Work and The Reactor Factor: How to Deal With Difficult Situations at Work Without Going Nuclear. Her best selling books have been translated into Russian, Romanian, Czech, French and Portuguese. Her work has been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Newsweek On-Line, Business Journal, The Boston Globe, Women's Media, AllBusiness.com, Cosmopolitan, and more. One of her first books, The CEO of YOU: Leading Yourself to Success was named the Arizona Book Publishers Association Non-Fiction Best Book of the Year.
She was active in theater in high school, and graduated from Cal State University at Long Beach in 1968 with a Home Economics Bachelor of Arts degree.
After realizing being a schoolteacher was not the career of her dreams, she was hired into gourmet food and candy sales as the first woman salesperson for a Los Angeles company. She was then hired away by GTE Directories and sold the Yellow Pages. Within nine months of being hired, she was promoted to a management position. She was one of the first women to serve on the board of the National Yellow Pages Service Association. In 1986 she was hired away by another Yellow Pages company. She retired from the industry in 1992.
In 1985 she received her Masters of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix, magna cum laude.
In 1992 she met and married Al Sue and started her own company, Communicating Results, Inc. as a professional speaker and author.
She is also an accomplished outdoors woman in many of the outdoor sports, with her favorites being fishing and sporting clays. Sue and her husband are involved in many conservation projects in Arizona, including Arizona Antelope Foundation and the Arizona Elk Foundation, promoting the migration and growth of the herds as well as protecting the land that the animals inhabit. She is the Chairman of the Women's Outdoor Media Association, Executive Committee of the Women's Leadership Forum and a member of the Outdoor Writers Association. Along with Ruth Covey, Sue founded Women's Safety & Leadership Training.
Marsha Petrie Sue holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Home Economics from California State University at Long Beach, as well as a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Phoenix, from which she graduated magna cum laude. Her professional certifications include the Executive Leadership Program from the University of Virginia Darden School of Business and a Myers Briggs Type Identifier Certificate.
In addition to her accomplishments as the President and CEO of Communicating Results Inc., a speaking practice, Sue has been a visiting professor at Arizona State University. She has also served as Executive Vice President at Westinghouse Financial Services, Director of National Accounts at USWest/Qwest, and as Regional Markets Manager at GTE Directory Company.
Sue has written over 27 books, including:
- The Reactor Factor
- Toxic People
- The CEO of You
- The Accountability Master
- Presentation Success Secrets
- Are You Listening?
- It's About Time!
- Customer Service
- Winning Together
- Is Your Life Working?
- Team Building the Easy Way
- Communicating with Empathy
Sue's books have been featured in the ''Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Newsweek On-Line, Phoenix Business Journal, Boston Globe, Women's Media Center, AllBusiness.com, Cosmopolitan, The Detroit News, and more.
Professional memberships and recognition
- Board Member - Reliance Bank of Arizona
- Women of Spirit Award - American Red Cross
- Spokesperson - Arizona Magic of Music and Dance for Special Needs Children
- Former Executive Director - Women of Scottsdale
- President and Member of the Year - National Speakers Association Arizona
- Delta Delta Delta - District President
- Smokey, Sadie Joe. . Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Sue, Marhsa Petrie. "Professional Biography". Retrieved on 25 November 2011.
- Buchholz, Jan. Petrie Sue's new book offers advice for dealing with difficult co-workers . Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Von Ahn, Lisa. Turn new page in your life with these books . Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Sue, Marsha Petrie. How to Handle Backstabbers at Work . Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Allbusiness.com. Hiring and Firing . Retrieved on 6 December 2011.
- Eckel, Sara. 6 Annoying Workers . Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- O'Connor, Brian J. Slow economy gives some managers excuse to bully workers . Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Arizona Magic of Music & Dance.. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Women of Scottsdale. . Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- National Speakers Association of Arizona. . Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Sue, Marsha Petrie. "Meet Marsha", Retrieved on November 20, 2011.
- Sue, Marsha Petrie (2007). 'Toxic people: decontaminate difficult people at work without using weapons or duct tape', John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ.
- Sue, Marsha Petrie (2009). 'The reactor factor: how to respond positively to negative situations at work', John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ.