March 20, 1949 |
Valley Station, Kentucky
Early life and education
Goldsmith was born in Valley Station, Kentucky, and received a degree in mathematical economics from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, Indiana in 1970. He then earned an MBA from Indiana University's Kelley School of Business in 1972, and a PhD from UCLA Anderson School of Management in Los Angeles, California in 1977.
From 1976-1980, Goldsmith was an assistant professor and then Associate Dean at Loyola Marymount University's College of Business. He currently teaches executive education at Dartmouth College's Tuck School of Business. In 1977, he entered the field of management education after meeting Paul Hersey, and Goldsmith later co-founded the management education firm Keilty, Goldsmith and Company. He also later became a founding partner of the Marshall Goldsmith Group. As a coach he has worked with CEOs for about 150 companies.
According to ES Wibbeke and Sarah McArthur, Goldsmith was a pioneer in the use of 360-degree feedback. In 1996, Goldsmith co-edited his first book, The Leader of the Future. His books have been translated into 28 languages, and have been number one on the New York Times and Wall Street Journal best sellers list. In 2012, Goldsmith was awarded The John E. Anderson Distinguished Alumni Award, the highest accolade for exceptional achievement that the UCLA Anderson School of Management may bestow upon alumni.
- Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts--Becoming the Person You Want to Be. Marshall Goldsmith and Mark Reiter. Crown (2015).
- Managers as Mentors: Building Partnerships For Leaders. Marshall Goldsmith and Chip R. Bell. Berrett-Koehlers (2013).
- MOJO: How to Get It, How to Keep It, and How to Get It Back If You Lose It. Marshall Goldsmith with Mark Reiter. Hyperion (2010).
- What Got You Here Won't Get You There in Sales. Marshall Goldsmith, Don Brown, and Bill Hawkins. GBH Press (2010).
- Succession: Are You Ready? Marshall Goldsmith. Harvard Business Press (2009).
- What Got You Here – Won't Get You There. Marshall Goldsmith with Mark Reiter. Hyperion (2007).
- Global Leadership: The Next Generation. Marshall Goldsmith, Alastair Robertson, Cathy Greenberg, Maya Hu-Chan. FT Prentice Hall (2003).
- The Leadership Investment: How the World's Best Organizations Gain Strategic Advantage Through Leadership Development. Robert Fulmer and Marshall Goldsmith. AMACOM (2001).
- TotalPicture Radio - The Voice of Career Leadership | Marshall Goldsmith
- Words Can Change Your Brain: 12 Conversation Strategies to Build Trust, Resolve Conflict, and Increase Intima cy. p. 127.
- Katie Jacobs (February 3, 2016). "Marshall Goldsmith: Employees should take more responsibility for their own engagement". HR Magazine.
- "Managing Mojo". Business Times.
- "Interview Marshall Goldsmith, leiderschapsdenker" (in German). FD.
- Shana Lebowitz (August 26, 2016). "5 insights from a classic leadership book by an executive coach who's helped over 150 CEOs". Business Insider.
- E.S. Wibbeke and Sarah McArthur. Global Business Leadership. Routledge. p. 117.
- "Marshall Goldsmith "Inspirational 100" Alumnus". UCLA.
- Jacob Morgan (June 27, 2016). "Marshall Goldsmith On How To Drive Behavior Change". Forbes.
- 2012 John E Anderson Distinguished Alumni Award | Marshall Goldsmith
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Marshall Goldsmith|