This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marshall T. Rose (born 1961) is a network protocol and software engineer, author, and speaker who has contributed to the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), the Internet, and Internet and network applications. More specifically, he has specialized in network management, distributed systems management, applications management, email, the ISO Development Environment (ISODE), and service-oriented architecture (SOA).
Rose's work on behalf of the Internet Engineering Task Force has included:
- Area Director for network management, 1993-1995.
- Chair, MARID, MTA Authorization Records in DNS. IETF working group, Applications area. Concluded September 2004.
- Chair, OPES, Open Pluggable Edge Services. IETF working group, Applications area.
- Chair, POP, Post Office Protocol. IETF working group, Applications area. Concluded April 1993.
- Chair, SNMP, Simple Network Management Protocol. IETF working group, Network Management area. Concluded November 1991.
Rose has written the following published books:
- BEEP: The Definitive Guide. ISBN 0-596-00244-0.
- How to Manage Your Network Using SNMP. ISBN 0-13-141517-4.
- How to Manage Your Network Using SNMP: The Networking Management Practicum. ISBN 0-13-145117-0.
- Internet Messaging: From the Desktop to the Enterprise. ISBN 0-13-978610-4.
- Lynch, Daniel C.; Rose, Marshall. Internet System Handbook. ISBN 0-201-56741-5.
- The Internet Message: Closing the Book With Electronic Mail (Prentice Hall Series in Innovative Technology). ISBN 0-13-092941-7.
- The Open Book : A Practical Perspective on OSI. ISBN 0-13-643016-3.
- The Simple Book: An Introduction to Internet Management, Revised Second Edition. ISBN 0-13-451659-1.
- The Little Black Book: Mail Bonding with OSI Directory Service. ISBN 0-13-683210-5.