|Born||Marshall Walter Sylwestrzak
May 19, 1962
|Residence||Las Vegas, NV|
|Occupation||Motivational Speaker, Author, Hypnotist, Entertainer|
Marshall Sylver, born Marshall Walter Sylwestrzak, is a motivational speaker, author, and performance hypnotist who works primarily in Las Vegas, Nevada. He has billed himself as "The World's Fastest Hypnotist".
His Vegas shows have been at the Sahara Hotel, the Stratosphere, the Palms and Harrah’s. He has been on television shows including "Late Night with David Letterman" and "The Montel Williams Show". He hosts a radio show and starred in a 2010 movie, in addition to the book he wrote called “Passion, Profit & Power.”
Marshall Sylwestrzak is the seventh of 10 children born to Virginia "Babe" Sylwestrzak, and spent most of his childhood in Almont, Michigan. Growing up, Sylver’s mom worked various jobs, including owning "a little truck stop/airport restaurant business." Later, she worked for a local Office of Economic Opportunity as supervisor of three counties.
In 1976, his family moved to San Diego, where he attended Kearny High School.
After moving to San Diego, Sylver worked in retail and later as a gas station attendant while in school. It’s in that job that Sylver met the program director for 104 KJOY-FM radio in San Diego, who offered him an internship. One evening at the station, Sylver was given the opportunity to DJ when one of the on-air personalities called in. He was later hired as a regular DJ.
Before becoming a stage hypnotist in 1985, he also worked as a professional magician, in addition to his paid disc jockey work noted above.
He also had shows at the Sahara Hotel and the Stratosphere  in the mid-1990s.
He had an infomercial, Passion Profit & Power, that ran in the mid-1990s.
In the first episode of the third series of Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, Sylver's seminars were featured, where the power of persuasion was purportedly used to motivate attendees to become self-made millionaires.
Sylver is a motivational speaker and business consultant. He was a speaker at the Learning Annex "Wealth Expo" along with Tony Robbins in 2006 as well as the First Annual Entrepreneur Success Summit in 2010. He also hosts the "Turning Point Seminar."
In April of 2003, Sylver was indicted for theft after nine of his self-improvement program's 1,200 clients alleged that he had failed to honor a money-back guarantee. Five had already received their refunds in small claims court. In December, after three weeks of proceedings, the case ended in a mistrial.
Books and CDs
Sylver wrote a book titled "Passion, Profit & Power," which was published by Simon & Schuster in 1997, along with audio cassettes by the same name, as part of a subconscious training system. "Passion, Profit & Power" was a bestseller from Berita Book Centre and MPH Bookstores for the week of July 19, 1997.
Radio and Movies
- Strauss, Duncan (Sep 27, 1988). "'Fastest Hypnotist' Sylver Is on Stage Even When off". Los Angeles Times.
- "Virginia Sylwestrzak Obituary: U-T San Diego". Legacy.com. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "E-Yearbook: Kearny High School, Page 20". E-Yearbook.com. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Waldron, Mary (May 28, 2007). "The World's Greatest Hypnotist...or Salesman: Marshall Sylver". Selling Crossing. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Arnold, Thomas K. (Oct 22, 1986). "SAN DIEGO HYPNOTIST IS STAR OF STAGE, TV-AND OFFICE". Los Angeles Times.
- Weatherford, Mike (September 14, 2007). "Hypnotist Marshall Sylver". Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- "Mistrial declared in hypnotist theft case". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 2003-12-20. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "Hypnotist Sylver blends show biz with sales pitch in act". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 1997-06-27. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- "TV Highlights". The Victoria Acvocate. 1987-09-09. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "The Montel Williams Show". TV.com. 2007-10-16. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "Siskel and Ebert of infomercials pick, pan long ads". Baltimore Sun. 1994-07-10. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends Series 3". BBC. 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- Macomber, Shawn (Dec 6, 2006). "Straight Shooter". American Spectator.
- Irons, Mike (May 13, 2010). "Forbes.com Features Chuck Mullaney". News Around the World Today.
- Glenda, Luymes (March 7, 2010). "Hypnotist Mesmerizes Crowd of Hundreds". The Vancouver Province.
- "Hypnotist indicted on nine felony theft counts". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 2003-04-15. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- Kalil, J.M. (2003-12-08). "Hypnotist on trial, accused of bilking customers in self-help program". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- Kalil, J. M. (December 20, 2003). "Mistrial declared in hypnotist theft case". Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- "Passion Profit & Power". Simon & Schuster. 1997.
- "Bestsellers". New Straits Times. July 19, 1997.
- "Get Rich RAdio".
- "Tranced". 2010.