Marshall Terrace, Minneapolis
Location of Marshall Terrace within the U.S. city of Minneapolis
|• Total||0.711 sq mi (1.84 km2)|
|• Density||1,900/sq mi (750/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Location and characteristics
Marshall Terrace's boundaries are Saint Anthony Parkway to the north, 4th Street and University Avenue to the east, Lowry Avenue to the south, and the Mississippi River to the west. It is named for former Minnesota governor William Rainey Marshall.
Much of Marshall Terrace is reserved for industrial use with utilities and industries situated along the western border and railroad tracks along the east. Its housing was developed in the early 20th century to provide homes for those working in nearby industries and is concentrated in the central part of the neighborhood. The housing stock consists largely of smaller single family homes.
Marshall Terrace has two parks located along the Mississippi River: Marshall Terrace Park and Marshall Terrace Gardens. The Grand Rounds Scenic Byway also runs along St. Anthony Parkway on the neighborhood's northern border.
- "Marshall Terrace neighborhood in Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN), 55418 detailed profile". City-Data. 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- "Minneapolis Neighborhood Profile: Marshall Terrace". Minnesota Compass. October 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- Marshall Terrace, Minneapolis, MN. Google Earth. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- "Marshall Terrace". City of Minneapolis.
- "Marshall Terrace". LiveMSP.
- "History – Marshall Terrace". Concerned Citizens of Marshall Terrace.
- "Interactive Transit Map". Metro Transit.
- "Minneapolis Bike Map". City of Minneapolis.
Media related to Marshall Terrace, Minneapolis at Wikimedia Commons