Hooker at the 2011 World Championships Athletics in Daegu.
|Birth name||Marshevet Hooker|
|Born||September 25, 1984|
|Residence||Grand Prairie, Texas, USA|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||148 lb (67 kg)|
|Event(s)||100 meters, 200 meters|
|College team||University of Texas|
Marshevet Hooker (born September 25, 1984) is a professional sprinter, competing internationally for the United States and sponsored by adidas. Hooker participated in the 2008 Summer Olympics at Beijing, China, finishing 5th in the 200 metres. In the 100 meters, Hooker became the fifth-fastest woman up to that point (under any conditions) when she ran a wind-aided 10.76 (+3.4) to win the first heat of the 100m quarterfinals at the 2008 Olympic Trials.
In June 2006, Hooker elected to forgo her final season of collegiate eligibility to pursue a professional track and field career. Hooker, an eight-time All-American, left the University of Texas as one of the most decorated student-athletes in the program's history.
Hooker, a corporate communications major, made her mark as one of the top athletes in collegiate track and field during the 2005 outdoor season, when she helped Texas to its fourth NCAA outdoor title. Hooker became UT's third NCAA 100-meter champion and its first since 1991, when she claimed the event in 11.14 seconds. She also anchored the 4x100-meter relay team to victory in 42.87, the third-fastest time in school history. Hooker took second in the long jump, finishing only behind eventual World champion Tianna Madison.
Hooker is coached by Olympic gold medalist Jon Drummond.
- 5th at 2008 Beijing Olympics in 200m
- 3rd at 2008 Olympic Trials in 200m
- 4th at 2008 Olympic Trials in 100m
- 2006 NCAA Indoor 60m and LJ champion
- Two-time Big 12 Women's Indoor Track Athlete of the Year (’05 & ’06)
- 2005 NCAA 100m and 4 × 100 m champion
- 100 meters – 10.86 2011(10.76w)
- 200 meters – 22.34 2008(22.20w)
- "Destinee Hooker". teamusa.org. July 1, 2012. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- Official Website of Marshevet Hooker
- Marshevet Hooker profile at IAAF
- USA Track & Field – Marshevet Hooker
|This biographical article about an American sprinter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|