Bastianelli riding in the 2012 Women's Tour of Thuringia
|Full name||Marta Bastianelli|
30 April 1987 |
|2009||Gruppo Sportivo Fiamme Azzurre|
|2012||Gruppo Sportivo Fiamme Azzurre|
|2008||Team CMAX Dila|
|2009||Selle Italia Ghezzi|
|2013||Faren–Let's Go Finland|
Her highest-profile in to date is taking gold at the women's road race during the UCI Road World Championships in the southern German city of Stuttgart in September 2007. Bastianelli won ahead of the Netherlands' rider Marianne Vos and her Italian team mate Giorgia Bronzini.
Bastianelli rode for the Safi-Pasta Zara Manhattan team from 2006 to 2008.
On 5 July 2008, Bastianelli tested positive for a banned substance, the stimulant fenfluramine which can be found in dietary aids. It was found in her urine A sample during a routine doping control at the under 23 European championships held in Verbania, Italy. She was subsequently dropped from the Italian team for the 2008 Summer Olympics and handed a one-year ban by the Italian National Olympic Committee. Bastianelli appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to overturn the ban, however the CAS instead extended her ban to two years after the Union Cycliste Internationale appealed, arguing that the initial ban was too lenient.
- 2nd UCI Road World Championships, Junior road race
- 1st UCI Road World Championships
- 3rd GP de Plouay
- 2nd U23 European Road Championships
- 3rd U23 European Championships, Road Race
- 6th Italian National Road Race Championships
- 3rd Italian National Road Race Championships
- 1st Stage 2 Tour Languedoc Roussillon
- 1st Stage 1 Giro Toscana Int. Femminile - Memorial Michela Fanini
- 1st Omloop van het Hageland
- 1st GP della Liberazione
- 1st Points classification Trophée d'Or Féminin
- 1st Stages 2 & 4
- 2nd Grand Prix de Dottignies
- 3rd La Madrid Challenge by La Vuelta
- 5th UCI World Road Race Championships
- 5th Ronde van Drenthe
- 5th The Women's Tour de Yorkshire
- "Marta Bastianelli". cyclingnews.com. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Marta Bastianelli". Cycling Archives. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Profile on". Cyclebase.nl. 1902-04-12. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- "'Bastianelli on the podium', Yahoo Sports". Sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- Stephen Farrand (28 July 2008). "WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPION BASTIANELLI TESTS POSITIVE". Cycling Weekly.
- "Cooke road rival fails drugs test". BBC Sport. 28 July 2008.
- "Bastianelli appeals to overturn 1-year doping ban". espn.go.com. 1 December 2008. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Sporting briefs". Times of Malta. 31 May 2009. Retrieved 8 August 2015.