Marta Jandová (2015)
|Born||13 April 1974|
|Associated acts||Die Happy, Apocalyptica, Oomph!, Václav Noid Bárta|
Marta Verner (née Jandová; born 13 April 1974) is a Czech musician and actress, best known for being the lead singer of the German alternative rock band Die Happy. She represented the Czech Republic in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 along with Václav Noid Bárta with the song "Hope Never Dies".
Marta Jandová is the daughter of the Czech musician Petr Janda, the solo-guitarist and singer of the band Olympic, which was one of the first and most popular rockbands in the Czech Republic.
In September 1993, Jandová moved to Ulm, Germany. Soon after her arrival, despite speaking only a little bit of German, she was asked by guitarist Thorsten Mewes to sing in a new band. A few months later, they had their first gigs as Die Happy and she has been the leadsinger of the band ever since.
In 2005, Jandová performed with Finnish metal band Apocalyptica and represented Baden-Württemberg in the Bundesvision Song Contest 2005 with the song "Wie weit", placing 5th with 77 points. Jandová returned to the Bundesvision Song Contest in 2007 performing with Neue Deutsche Härte band Oomph! representing Lower Saxony with the song "Träumst Du?", winning the contest with 147 points. The song reached the top ten in the German Media Control charts.
Besides releasing 14 albums with Die Happy and her appearances in the Bundesvision Song Contest, she is also known for her cooperations with other German bands like Letzte Instanz, In Extremo, BAP etc. Together with Revolverheld, she released the single Halt dich an mir fest, which reached platinum status in Germany and was one of the most successful songs of 2010 in the German-speaking countries.
She moved back to her hometown Prague in 2008 where she sang in the musical Mona Lisa, but she still has a strong relationship to Germany, as she hosted the German TV show neoMusic in 2009 and was a judge at the ninth season of Popstars in Germany in 2010. Jandová also appeared as a judge on Czech/Slovak reality TV music competitions Česko Slovenská SuperStar (2009 and 2015) and Hlas Česko Slovenska (2014) .
Marta Jandová lives with Czech gynecologist Miroslav Verner and gave birth to their daughter Marie on August 7, 2013.
In 2015, for the return of the Czech Republic to the Eurovision Song Contest, Marta Jandová was asked to represent her home country in Vienna. Together with Václav Noid Bárta and the song "Hope Never Dies" they reached the 13th place of the second semi-final.
- "Marta Jandová a Václav Noid Bárta budou reprezentovat Česko na Eurosongu 2015". ceskatelevize.cz (in Czech). Česká televize. 31 January 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- "Bundesvision Song Contest". fan-lexikon.de (in German). Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- "Eine Bundesvision Siegerin singt für Tschechien". blog.prinz.de (in German). Prinz.de. 1 February 2015.
- "Oomph! Lower Saxony wins the Bundesvision Song Contest 2007". brainpool-koeln.de. BRAINPOOL TV GmbH. 15 February 2007.
- "Oomph! Tour 2012". metaltix.com (in German). Metaltix. Archived from the original on July 1, 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- ZDF Presseportal
- "Marta Jandová se konečně dočkala: Porodila holčičku!". extra.cz (in Czech). eXtra.cz. 8 August 2013.
|Awards and achievements|
with "Aven Romale"
| Czech Republic in the Eurovision Song Contest
(with Václav Noid Bárta)
with "I Stand"