|Mayor of Genoa|
28 May 2007 – May 2012
|Preceded by||Giuseppe Pericu|
|Succeeded by||Marco Doria|
|Member of the European Parliament|
20 July 2004 – 29 June 2007
27 May 1947 |
|Political party||Democratic Party|
|Democrats of the Left Democratic Party of the Left Italian Communist Party|
Marta Vincenzi (born 27 May 1947) is an Italian politician and former Mayor of Genoa. She was previously a Member of the European Parliament for the North-West of Italy with the Democrats of the Left (DS), part of the Socialist Group from 2004 until she resigned on 29 June 2007.
Vincenzi was born in Genoa. She sat on the European Parliament's Committee on Transport and Tourism, and was a substitute for the Committee on Regional Development and the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality. She was also a member of the Delegation for relations with the Mashreq countries. In May 2007 Marta Vincenzi became mayor of Genoa with the Democratic Party. In February 2012 she ran in a primary election to seek a second term as mayor, but lost to independent candidate Marco Doria.
- Graduate in philosophy
- Director of studies at an institute of higher education
- Member of the provincial and regional executives of the Italian Communist Party, the Democratic Party of the Left, and the DS
- Member of the DS national executive
- 1990: Member of the Municipal Council of Genoa with responsibility for educational institutions, IT, decentralisation and personnel
- 1993-2002: chairman of the Council of Genoa Province
- since 2002: Municipal Councillor and training adviser delegated by the Provincial Council for the metropolitan area
- 2003: Vice-Chairman of the company Sistema logistico dell'Arco ligure alessandrino s.r.l.
- 2004: Member of the Board of Directors of the International Institute of Communications of Genoa
- Niri, Raffaele (13 February 2012). "Primarie a Genova: vittoria di Doria". La Repubblica. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- Personal profile of Marta Vincenzi in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Italian)
||Member of the European Parliament
|Mayor of Genoa
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mayor in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|