Marte Brekke Michelet (born 26 May 1975) is a Norwegian journalist, critic and non-fiction writer.
She is the daughter of novelist and politician Jon Michelet and Toril Brekke. They resided in Lindeberg, Oslo before her parents split up. Marte Michelet moved into an apartment in Oslo, that once had housed a young Jewish girl who was deported to Auschwitz.
She started her career in RadiOrakel and as a journalist in NRK. In 2006 she was hired in Dagbladet, where she rose to political commentator. She was also at one point the restaurant critic Robinson & Fredag. She resigned in 2014 when moving with her former husband Ali Esbati to Sweden; he was elected as a member of Parliament there.
- Kvinnekamp i sari : Møte med kvinner i India og Nepal (1997) (co-authored with Kjersti Ericsson og Sissel Henriksen). Arbeidernes kommunistparti
- Den største forbrytelsen (2014) ISBN 9788205470439
- Hva visste hjemmefronten? (2018), Gyldendal ISBN 9788205504103
- Lundgaard, Hilde (15 November 2014). "Michelet-stjernen". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). p. 30.
- "Brageprisen". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- akp.no (Besøkt 19. september 2020)
- Var krigshelten Gunnar Sønsteby virkelig jødehater?. 9 November 2020. Nettavisen