Marten de Roon
|Full name||Marten Elco de Roon|
|Date of birth||29 March 1991|
|Place of birth||Zwijndrecht, Netherlands|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 April 2017.
Marten Elco de Roon (born 29 March 1991) is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Middlesbrough. He formerly played for Sparta Rotterdam, SC Heerenveen and Atalanta.
De Roon made his Eredivisie debut for Sparta Rotterdam on 27 March 2010, starting in the match against Twente at De Grolsch Veste. He made a total of three appearances in the Eredivisie for the 2009–10 season.
On 4 July 2016, De Roon signed for newly promoted English Premier League side Middlesbrough for a reported £12 million transfer fee. He scored his first goal for his new club – a 91st-minute equaliser – on 5 November 2016 in a 1–1 draw with Manchester City at Etihad Stadium.
De Roon has represented the Netherlands under-19 national team in the qualification rounds for the 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship. On 12 November 2009, he made his debut and scored his first goal for the U-19 Oranje in a qualification match against Malta. On 13 November 2016, he made his debut for the senior team.
- As of 20 November 2016
- "Squads for 2016/17 Premier League confirmed". Premier League. 1 September 2016. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Twente vs. Sparta Rotterdam". Soccerway. 2010-03-27. Retrieved 2010-05-26.
- "Marten de Roon tot zomer 2017 bij sc Heerenveen". www.sc-heerenveen.nl (in Dutch). SC Heerenveen. 28 February 2015. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Mercato Atalanta, Marten De Roon all'Atalanta a titolo definitivo". www.atalanta.it (in Italian). Atalanta B.C. 11 July 2015. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Marten de Roon: Boro Move Is An Honour For Me". July 2016.
- "Under-19 2010 - Netherlands-Malta". UEFA.com. 2009-11-08. Retrieved 2010-05-26.
- "M. DE ROON". Soccerway. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- Voetbal International profile (Dutch)