Jump to navigation Jump to search
Szent István Square
|• Total||23.08 km2 (8.91 sq mi)|
|• Density||319/km2 (830/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code||(+36) 56|
The vtown is dominated by light industry, including the following:
- Tisza Shoe Factory: Though designed prior to the outbreak of war. In 1941-42 a factory was established by the Czechoslovak businessman Jan Antonin Bata, whose organization was based in Zlin, Czech Republic. The resulting factory complex and industrial town was built in Martfu, Hungary. The Hungarian shoe company called Cikta. The decades of the Kádár era Tisza Cipő became the country's largest shoe manufacturer.
- Brewery: 1985, built by the surrounding businesses.
- Vegetable Oil Factory: built between 1976-80. Primarily grown in the Great Plains sunflower, canola and soybean processing is carried out.
- Tisza Ipartelep plants: various industrial plants in the industrial and service center.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Martfű.|
- Official website in Hungarian and English
|This Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|