The Martha Stewart Show
|Also known as||'The Martha Stewart Show'|
|Presented by||Martha Stewart|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||7|
|No. of episodes||1,162|
|Running time||42 minutes|
NBCUniversal Television Distribution (2005-2010) |
FremantleMedia Enterprises (2010-2012)
|Original release||September 12, 2005– May 11, 2012|
Martha, also known as The Martha Stewart Show, is an American variety talk show hosted by Martha Stewart. The series premiered on September 11, 2005, in syndication until it was picked up by the Hallmark Channel in September 2010 as part of a larger deal that turned over most of the cable network's daytime schedule to shows from Stewart's production company, MSLO Productions. Martha was taped before a studio audience at the Chelsea Studios in New York City, New York. It was distributed by NBC Universal Television Distribution in partnership with MSLO Productions. The series' production company came to a consensus with Hallmark to end Martha due to the rising costs. The last episode was shot on April 24, 2012, with it airing on May 11, 2012.
The syndicated broadcasts aired Monday through Friday at various times on broadcasting markets. Reruns also aired on Fine Living Network prior to the channels transformation into the Cooking Channel. On Hallmark, the series also aired Monday through Friday but at the same time of 10:00 am EST.
- Gonzalez, Sandra (January 4, 2012). "'The Martha Stewart Show' done after current season". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- Levin, Gary (January 4, 2012). "Martha Stewart's daytime show gets canceled". USA TODAY. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- Atkinson, Claire (January 4, 2012). "Martha losing show, Home Depot dumps paint". New York Post. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- Guthrie, Marisa (January 4, 2012). "Hallmark Cancels 'The Martha Stewart Show'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- "The Last Taping of my Show — The Mother's Day Show!". Martha. Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. May 10, 2012. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- Seidman, Robert (September 15, 2009). "Fine Living Network will air current season of The Biggest Loser on Fridays and Saturdays". TV by the Numbers (Press release). Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- Kinon, Cristina (January 26, 2010). "Martha Stewart has a Hallmark moment; Show will move from broadcast to cable in September". New York Daily News. Retrieved November 23, 2013.