Martha Christie is best known for a modelling career which has spanned more than a decade. A trained violist at Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, she has also achieved success as a musician and as an actor. While she was born and raised in Melbourne to Greek parents, It is in Europe that Martha has predominantly lived and worked since the age of 19.,
Signed to Morgan The Agency in Ireland, Martha has worked internationally for clients such as Coca Cola and Tommy Hilfiger . She was also chosen to open the inaugural Supermodel Show in Dublin's Point Depot venue ahead of such models as Naomi Campbell, Heidi Klum and Gisele Bündchen. Martha has shared catwalks with models such as Tyra Banks, Helena Christensen, Christy Turlington and Jerry Hall. Her clients have included some of the biggest names in the world of fashion including Prada, Tiffany, Dolce & Gabbana, Victoria Beckham, Bobbi Brown and Karen Millen. She has featured in picture editorials for such magazines as GQ Magazine and Tatler.
Martha has been active in drama since her early schooldays but it was as a 10-year-old that she had her professional debut in the Australian production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Victorian State Theatre. Martha featured in several television commercials for such clients as Eircom (directed by Declan Lowney) and Volkswagen (directed by actor Hugh O'Connor). In 2008 Martha was cast in the lead role of the short film "88" which premiered in the Rhode Island Film Festival the same year. Martha was, again, cast in the lead role when she played "Veronique" in the Irish Film Board funded short black comedy of the same name. Martha took to the stage again when she played the lead role of Princess Jasmine in Theatreworx stage production of Aladdin in Dublin's Helix theatre.
Building on her early training in viola and a strong background in musical theatre, Martha has continued to perform, write and record music. She has worked with music industry names such as Steve Mac, David Tench and Machopsycho. She and her band Dandelion supported Beirut at Dublin's Pod venue and performed at the international Electric Picnic music festival alongside such acts as Bryan Ferry and Massive attack.
- "Melbourne Conservatorium of Music: Melbourne Conservatorium of Music". Conservatorium.unimelb.edu.au. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Official site of Martha Christie". Marthachristie.com. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- [dead link]
- "Dublin Model Agency – Ireland". Morgan The Agency. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- [dead link]
- "Martha Christie – Eircom". YouTube. 17 September 2007. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Volkswagen Scirocco ad". YouTube. 11 November 2008. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Irish Film Board – Media Hub – Shorts – Veronique". Thisisirishfilm.ie. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20111226091511/http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2011/1223/1224309416405.html. Archived from the original on 26 December 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2012. Missing or empty
- "Ireland's Activity and Events Finder". Dayout.ie. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- Sound Technology (19 February 2011). "Sound Technology | Nord Keyboards | Kylie World Tour 2011". Soundtech.co.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Lorraine's fine & Dandy with Martha magic. – Free Online Library". Thefreelibrary.com. 5 September 2010. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "POD Live music promoters, concerts & venues in Dublin, Ireland". Pod.ie. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Harmonia – Home". Harmonia.ie. 12 October 2011. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Style Secrets…with Martha Christie". Helpmystyle.ie. 18 November 2011. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- O'Sullivan, Derek (23 December 2011). "Exclusive Interview with Model & Panto Star, Martha Christie! " Celeb Interviews "". Sosueme.ie. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Martha Christie The VIP Style Awards at The Shelbourne Hotel | Picture 5259468". Contactmusic. Retrieved 2 February 2012.