|Martha Matthew MacCallum|
|Born||Buffalo, New York, U.S.|
|Occupation||Host of The Story with Martha MacCallum" (Fox News Channel)|
|Employer||Fox Entertainment Group|
|Spouse(s)||Dan K. Gregory (m. 1992)|
|Website||Biography on FoxNews.com|
Martha MacCallum is the anchor of "The Story" a prime-time news program at Fox News. She co-anchors Fox's election coverage with Bret Baier. MacCallum joined the network in 2004. She previously hosted The Live Desk and America's Newsroom. In January 2017, MacCallum became anchor of Fox News's, The First 100 Days, which chronicled the early days of the Trump Presidency. It was later reformatted into a permanent show called The Story with Martha MacCallum.
Working for Fox, MacCallum has covered the 2004, 2008, 2012, and 2016 presidential elections. She co-anchored the coverage of the visit of Pope Francis to the United States and the funeral of Pope John Paul II. Her interviews with President Barack Obama, General David Petraeus, John McCain, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, Laura Bush, and others have been featured on her programs.
Life and career
Martha MacCallum was born in Buffalo, New York, the daughter of Elizabeth B. and Douglas C. MacCallum, Jr. She grew up in Wyckoff, New Jersey. After graduating from Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, MacCallum earned her bachelor's degree in political science from St. Lawrence University and also studied at the Circle in the Square Theatre School, founding the Miranda Theater Company in New York. MacCallum next worked as an associate in corporate relations at Dow Jones & Company.
She was at Wall Street Journal Television from 1991 to 1996, where she served as a business news correspondent and anchor for The Wall Street Journal Report, World Market Outlook, and Business USA. In 1996, she moved to WBIS-TV, a sports and business station in New York, as an anchor and reporter.
MacCallum was next a reporter/anchor for NBC/CNBC. She frequently contributed to The News with Brian Williams, Today Show, BC affiliates, and CNBC World before being assigned to co-anchor CNBC's Morning Call with Martha MacCallum and Ted David. She also appeared on Checkpoint, an evening show which examined homeland security and the war on Terror. MacCallum created the series, "Inside the Business," for Business Center, a former CNBC show.
In 2017, Martha was named the host of a new program, The First 100 Days on Fox News Channel, which debuted January 9. It was created as a replacement for Tucker Carlson Tonight, as it took the time slot of The Kelly File after Megyn Kelly left the network for NBC. On April 28, the show was rebranded as "The Story with Martha MacCallum."
- Rohan, Virginia. "Professional juggler", The Record (Bergen County), November 13, 2005.
- "WEDDINGS; Ms. MacCallum, Daniel J. Gregory". The New York Times. 1992-08-23. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- "Ms. MacCallum Plans Wedding". The New York Times. April 19, 1992.
- "Tucker Carlson takes over Megyn Kelly's slot, Martha MacCallum gets new show". Fox News. 2017-01-05. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "Tucker Carlson leads new Fox News prime time lineup". FOX News. 21 April 2017.
- Ragas, Morearticle. "Martha MacCallum, Age, Wife, fox news, husband, Net Worth". www.morearticle.com. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- MacCallum, Martha (2014-12-18). "Martha MacCallum accepts award from SoldierSocks". Fox News. Retrieved 2017-01-06.