|Born||January 31, 1964|
Buffalo, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Host of The Story with Martha MacCallum" (Fox News Channel)|
|Employer||Fox Entertainment Group|
Daniel J. Gregory (m. 1992)
|Website||Biography on foxnews.com|
Martha Bowes MacCallum (born January 31, 1964) is a news anchor for Fox News, she is the host of The Story with Martha MacCallum. MacCallum joined the network in 2004. Her interviews with President Barack Obama, General David Petraeus, John McCain, New Jersey governor Chris Christie, Laura Bush, and others have been featured on her programs.
Life and career
Martha MacCallum was born in Buffalo, New York, the daughter of Elizabeth B. and Douglas C. MacCallum, Jr. She grew up in Wyckoff, New Jersey. After graduating from Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, MacCallum earned her bachelor's degree in political science from St. Lawrence University and also studied at the Circle in the Square Theatre School, founding the Miranda Theater Company in New York. MacCallum next worked as an associate in corporate relations at Dow Jones & Company.
She was at Wall Street Journal Television from 1991 to 1996, where she served as a business news correspondent and anchor for The Wall Street Journal Report, World Market Outlook, and Business USA. In 1996, she moved to WPXN-TV, a sports and business station in New York, as an anchor and reporter.
MacCallum was next a reporter/anchor for NBC/CNBC. She frequently contributed to The News with Brian Williams, Today, NBC affiliate news programs, and CNBC World before being assigned to co-anchor CNBC's Morning Call with Martha MacCallum and Ted David. She also appeared on Checkpoint, an evening show which examined homeland security and the War on Terror. MacCallum created the series "Inside the Business" for Business Center, a former CNBC show.
MacCallum joined the Fox News Channel in 2004, and covered the 2004, 2008, 2012, and 2016 presidential elections. She co-anchored the coverage of the visit of Pope Francis to the United States and the funeral of Pope John Paul II.
In 2017, MacCallum was named the host of a new program, The First 100 Days, on Fox News Channel, which debuted January 9, 2017. It was created as a replacement for Tucker Carlson Tonight when that program moved to the time slot formerly occupied by The Kelly File after Megyn Kelly's departure. On April 28, 2017, the show was rebranded as The Story with Martha MacCallum.
- "Weddings; Ms. MacCallum, Daniel J. Gregory" – The New York Times
- Rohan, Virginia. "Professional juggler", The Record (Bergen County), November 13, 2005.
- "WEDDINGS; Ms. MacCallum, Daniel J. Gregory". The New York Times. 1992-08-23. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- "Ms. MacCallum Plans Wedding". The New York Times. April 19, 1992.
- "Tucker Carlson takes over Megyn Kelly's slot, Martha MacCallum gets new show". Fox News. 2017-01-05. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "Tucker Carlson leads new Fox News prime time lineup". FOX News. 21 April 2017.
- Ragas, Morearticle. "Martha MacCallum, Age, Wife, fox news, husband, Net Worth". www.morearticle.com. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- MacCallum, Martha (2014-12-18). "Martha MacCallum accepts award from SoldierSocks". Fox News. Retrieved 2017-01-06.