MacCallum accepting Commitment to Service Award 2014
|Born||January 31, 1964|
Buffalo, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Host of The Story with Martha MacCallum" (Fox News Channel)|
Daniel J. Gregory
|Website||Biography on foxnews.com|
Martha Bowes MacCallum (born January 31, 1964) is an American news anchor for Fox News. She is the host of The Story with Martha MacCallum. MacCallum joined the network in 2004. Her interviews with President Barack Obama, General David Petraeus, Arizona Senator and 2008 Republican presidential nominee John McCain, New Jersey governor Chris Christie, First Lady Laura Bush, and others have been featured on her programs.
Life and career
Martha MacCallum was born in Buffalo, New York, the daughter of Elizabeth B. and Douglas C. MacCallum, Jr. She grew up in Wyckoff, New Jersey. After graduating from Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, MacCallum earned her bachelor's degree in political science from St. Lawrence University and also studied at the Circle in the Square Theatre School, founding the Miranda Theater Company in New York. MacCallum next worked as an associate in corporate relations at Dow Jones & Company.
She was at Wall Street Journal Television from 1991 to 1996, where she served as a business news correspondent and anchor for The Wall Street Journal Report, World Market Outlook, and Business USA. In 1996, she moved to WPXN-TV, a sports and business station in New York, as an anchor and reporter.
MacCallum was next a reporter/anchor for NBC/CNBC. She frequently contributed to The News with Brian Williams, Today, NBC affiliate news programs, and CNBC World before being assigned to co-anchor CNBC's Morning Call with Martha MacCallum and Ted David. She also appeared on Checkpoint, an evening show which examined homeland security and the War on Terror. MacCallum created the series "Inside the Business" for Business Center, a former CNBC show.
MacCallum joined the Fox News Channel in 2004. She hosted The Live Desk from 2006 to 2010 and America's Newsroom from 2010 to 2017. MacCallum hosted the new program, The First 100 Days, on Fox News Channel, which debuted January 9, 2017. It was created as a replacement for Tucker Carlson Tonight when that program moved to the time slot formerly occupied by The Kelly File after Megyn Kelly's departure. On April 28, 2017, the show was rebranded as The Story with Martha MacCallum.
- "Weddings; Ms. MacCallum, Daniel J. Gregory". The New York Times. August 23, 1992. Retrieved September 29, 2010.
- Rohan, Virginia (November 13, 2005). "Professional juggler". The Record (Bergen County). Archived from the original on July 30, 2013. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
I'm sort of half in one world, half in the other at this point of the day, says MacCallum, a Wyckoff native who has lived in Ridgewood since her elder son was 2 weeks old.... After attending Sicomac School and Ramapo High School, MacCallum moved on to St. Lawrence University, majoring in political science.
- "Ms. MacCallum Plans Wedding". The New York Times. April 19, 1992. Retrieved June 10, 2019.
- "Tucker Carlson takes over Megyn Kelly's slot, Martha MacCallum gets new show". Fox News. January 5, 2017. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- "Tucker Carlson leads new Fox News prime time lineup". FOX News. April 21, 2017.
- "Martha MacCallum". Fox News. Retrieved June 10, 2019.
In 1997 and 2003, MacCallum was the recipient of the American Women in Radio and Television award for her reporting.
- MacCallum, Martha (December 18, 2014). "Martha MacCallum accepts award from SoldierSocks". Fox News. Retrieved January 6, 2017.