Marthoman Jacobite Syrian Cathedral, Mulanthuruthy
Mulanthuruthy Marthoman Church
|Location||Mulanthuruthy, Ernakulam district, Kerala|
|Denomination||Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church|
Mulanthuruthy Marthoman Cathedral is located at Mulanthuruthy in Ernakulam district of Kerala. It is a pilgrimage centre for Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church and the home parish of Saint Gheevarghese Mar Gregorios of Parumala, a religious leader of Malankara Syrian Christians who was canonised by the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church and the Syriac Orthodox Church.
The church was built in 1550 by the Knanaya Tharakan (minister) Kunchacko of the Kunnassery Family. Due to an altercation between the Syrian Christians and the Kingdom of Vadakkankur, Kunchacko had gathered the Knanaya of Kaduthuruthy Church as well as all St. Thomas Christians he could find within Vadakkankur and moved them to Mulanthuruthy. Upon arrival Kunchacko had sanctioned the building of the Mulanthuruthy Church. Later the Knanaya were called back to their home church of Kaduthuruthy by the descendants of the King of Vadakkankur, leaving Mulanthuruthy Church in the care and protection of the St. Thomas Christians who remained their. 
Mulanthuruthy church was the venue of the Mulanthuruthy Sunnahados held on the year 1876. Situated 32 kilometres (20 mi)} from Cochin International Airport, pilgrims visit to view the murals and the tombs of different bishops.
- Karukaparambil, George (2005). Marganitha Kynanaitha: Knanaya Pearl. Deepika Book House. ASIN B076GCH274.
- Whitehouse, Richard (1873). Lingerings of Light in a Dark Land: Being Researchs Into the Past History and Present Condition of the Syrian Church of Malabar. Kessinger Publishing. ISBN 116492317X.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mulanthuruthy Marthoman Church.|
- Thomas Joseph. "Marthoman Church, Mulanthuruthy". sor.cua.edu. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Karukaparambil 2005, p. 150.
- Whitehouse 1873, p. 125.
- "Mulanthuruthy Marthoman Church in Mulanthuruthy India". india9.com. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
|This article on an Oriental Orthodox place of worship in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a Syriac Orthodox church building is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|