|Secretary of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship|
March 2012 – 18 September 2013
|Secretary of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection|
18 September 2013 – 13 October 2014
|Secretary of the Department of Health|
13 October 2014 – 1 September 2017
|Born||Martin Gerard Bowles
Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
|Alma mater||Capricornia Institute of Advanced Education
|Occupation||Not for profit Executive|
Martin Gerard Bowles PSM is an Australian healthcare executive, and former senior public servant. He is currently the national CEO of Calvary Health Care, and was previously Secretary of the Department of Health (2014–17) and the Department of Immigration (2012–14) in the Australian public service.
Bowles resides in Canberra. He is married to Deidre and has two children, Andrew and Morgan. 
Bowles has a Bachelor of Business from the Capricornia Institute of Advanced Education and a Graduate Certificate of Public Sector Management from Griffith University. He is also a Fellow of the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants.
Bowles has held various senior corporate services and general management positions across Queensland and New South Wales. He worked in Health across a number of Area Health Services including his appointment in June 2002 as the Chief Executive Officer of Wentworth Area Health Services, and a term as Deputy Director General of Corporate Services at the Department of Education and Training New South Wales.
Following his time at Defence, Bowles was appointed as Deputy Secretary of the Energy, Safety and Corporate Group at the Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, where he had executive oversight of the Corporate Support Division, the Energy and Safety Programs Division and the Renewable and Energy and Efficiency Division.
At the end of 2012, Prime Minister Julia Gillard appointed Bowles Secretary of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship after he had acted in the position since March 2012. Bowles stayed in the role of immigration head as the department transitioned to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- https://www.cqu.edu.au/cquninews/stories/general-category/2014/alumnus-appointed-as-secretary-of-health-department Missing or empty
- Martin Bowles PSM, Secretary (PDF), Department of Immigration and Border Protection, 2013, archived from the original (PDF) on 10 November 2013
- Annual report 2010-11, Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, 2011, archived from the original on 29 February 2012
- Greenwood, Stephen (November 2014). "Political capital: Pharmacy: Don't mess With Bowles". AJP: The Australian Journal of Pharmacy. 95 (1134): 28–29 – via Informit.
- Martin Bowles PSM, Secretary (PDF), Department of Immigration and Border Protection, 2013, archived from the original (PDF) on 22 January 2014
- Gillard, Julia (28 September 2012). "Appointment of Secretaries" (Press release). Archived from the original on 19 December 2013.
- Owens, Jared (3 September 2014). "Immigration secretary Martin Bowles to head health department". The Australian. News Ltd.
- "Secretary of the Department of Health". Prime Minister of Australia Media. 2017-08-22. Retrieved 2017-08-22.
- McIlroy, Tom (29 August 2017). "Health department boss Martin Bowles leaves public service to join Calvary". Canberra Times. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- "Search Australian Honours: BOWLES, Martin Gerard", itsanhonour.gov.au, Australian Government, archived from the original on 13 December 2014
|Secretary of the
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
as Secretary of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
as Secretary of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship
|Secretary of the
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
|Secretary of the
Department of Health