|Born||1 July 1954|
Bedford, Bedfordshire, England, UK
Martin David William Childs MBE (born 1 July 1954), is a British production designer. He won the 1998 Academy Award for Best Art Direction-Set Decoration (jointly with Jill Quertier) for Shakespeare in Love, and was nominated at the 74th Academy Awards for his work on the film Quills. He has also been nominated once for the Art Directors Guild Award for Excellence in Production Design, and three times for a BAFTA Award for Best Production Design.
In the New Year Honours 2002, Childs was appointed as a Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire for his services to the film industry as a production designer.
Production Designer of
- W.E. (2011)
- Miss Potter (2006)
- Lady in the Water (2006)
- Chasing Liberty (2004)
- Calendar Girls (2003)
- From Hell (2001)
- Quills (2000)
- The Clandestine Marriage (1999)
- Shakespeare in Love (1998)
- Mrs. Brown (1997)
- "The 71st Academy Awards (1999) Nominees and Winners". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. AMPAS. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "The 73rd Academy Awards (2001) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Archived from the original on 24 September 2014. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "No. 56430". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2001. p. 14.
|This biographical article related to film in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|